Included in this adventure:
• Approximately 120 minutes flight time over the Kahurangi National Park and the Heaphy Track
• Two-way communication between you and your pilot
• 1 x Mountain landing
• Private guide
• Picnic lunch and local wine and beers are included
• The beautiful Heaphy Track
• Wharariki Beach
• Breathtaking mountain landscapes
What You'll Get
Experience the World Famous Heaphy Track
This trip combines fantastic aerial views and frequent opportunities to land and enjoy the wilderness surrounds. Depart Nelson in your private helicopter flying west into the Kahurangi National Park for a mountain landing. Here your experienced guide will point out geological features of the area.
Our next stop lands at a point along the world famous Heaphy Track where you will have the option of walking 1-4 hours towards the coast before enjoying a picnic on the beach. After lunch we fly the rugged North West coastline viewing seal colonies and eroded rock formations before landing at the archways of Wharariki Beach. Enjoy stunning aerial views of Farewell Spit and Golden Bay on your journey back to your destination.
• Bring your camera!
• Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to a weight restriction fee.
• All flights are subject to change and weather conditions.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply if they occupy a seat
- Bring a camera, wear warm clothing and sturdy shoes
- Physical activity level: Easy - Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee.
- Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of individual passenger weights, luggage and the amount of fuel required. It is important that we have accurate body weights and luggage items from every passenger prior to flights commencing. CAA regulations require all passengers to declare their weight on check-in and if required, passengers and luggage will be weighed before the flight. If total passenger and luggage weights exceed the helicopters’ permissible allowance, the Pilot at his/her discretion will instruct an upgrade to a larger helicopter if possible where an additional charge will be applicable, or alternative arrangements may need to be made for passenger luggage.
- If the weather conditions make flying unsafe on the day of the trip Reid Helicopters Nelson will cancel the flight. This is at the pilot’s discretion and there is no charge in this situation.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to the trip = 25% of total booking cost
- Cancellation within 7 days prior to the trip = 75% of total booking cost
- Within 48 hours of the trip commencing = 100% of total booking cost
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- National Park fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hiking gear/ boots
Reid Helicopters Nelson Base
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Helicopters Nelson New Zealand in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.