Lord of the Rings trilogy fans – return to the lands of Middle-earth and the Shire on this fascinating half-day tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set from Rotorua. See the working sheep farm that movie director Peter Jackson turned into the village of Hobbiton for his epic Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Have your photo taken in front of the hobbit holes and hear insider gossip on how the movies were made.
What You'll Get
Visit: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Spend some time in Middle-earth as you explore the Hobbiton Movie Set, and delight in tales about hobbits on this half-day Lord of the Rings movie set and farm tour. After a 45-minute drive from Rotorua you will arrive at the Hobbiton Movie Set, constructed on a working New Zealand sheep farm and one of the last remaining structures from the famous Lord of the Rings films.
You’ll explore the Hobbiton Movie Set and village, where Bilbo Baggins lived and the quest for the ring began. Have your photo taken in front of a hobbit hole or the by the pond while your guide entertains you with the stories and insider dish about filming these Hollywood blockbusters in New Zealand.
You will be fully guided around the 12 acre set; past Hobbit Holes™, the Mill and into the world-famous Green Dragon™ Inn, where you will be presented with a complimentary, exclusive Hobbit™ Southfarthing™ beverage to conclude your own Middle-earth™ adventure.
You don’t have to be a Lord of the Rings movie lover to enjoy this tour with all its wonderful North Island scenery, but if you are, this tour will be all the more special.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please Note: This activity requires reconfirmation. Failure to reconfirm may result in cancellation of your booking.
- Sensible walking footwear is recommended as you will be walking through farmland
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We are unable to store luggage for the duration of your tour. If you wish to store your luggage, facilities are available at the Rotorua i-SITE.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Round-trip transfers from Rotorua to Hobbiton
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Food and drinks, unless specified
4 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.