This PREMIUM wildlife experience is tailored specifically for Cruise Ship passengers, see spectacular marine wildlife, learn from a conservation expert, discover intriguing Māori history, and explore the geological and biological diversity of our Otago Peninsula.
Join us to discover some of the iconic Otago Peninsula's wildlife residents; albatross, penguins, seals and sea lions, all call this place home. Our guide, Lyndon, comes with 30 years of hands-on species management in his previous role as a conservation ranger. Likewise, James has a passion for sharing in-depth knowledge, particularly in regard to his Māori heritage, a fascinating culture that is often overshadowed by Dunedin’s more recent European history.
Tour highlights include a boat cruise around Pukekura/Taiaroa Head and other wildlife viewing sites. We learn more about the people of this place, both Māori and European. There is no better introduction to this Southern City than a tour with Horizon Tours.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Stunning above the harbour coastal views
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Hooper's Inlet Shed, 273 Allans Beach Road, Cape Saunders 9077, New Zealand
See wading birds on the stunning back drop of Hoopers Inlet
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Stroll along a sandy beach where we might encounter some wild locals including seals and sea lions.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Harington Point 9077, New Zealand
Take a one hour cruise around the end of the Otago Peninsula to see a rich diversity of marine wildlife such as albatross, seals, other seabirds and sometimes penguins.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing
- Dunedin is often windy and sometimes a wet city, we operate in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Lunch, snacks, tea and coffee are provided on this tour
- Medium level of fitness required, 20-30 minute walks included.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Light Lunch
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Taiaroa Head
- While we endeavour to show you many animals along the way, they might have different ideas! We cannot guarantee seeing all species.
Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet all passengers booked with Horizon Tours at the Cruise Ship terminal at Port Chalmers/Port Otago. Pick up can also be accommodated at the Dunedin i-SITE if required.
Port Chalmers, Port Otago
You will be returned to the port an hour before your departure time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Horizon Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.