Staying at Hurley House in Lumsden, almost a sheep paddock from the world-renowned Oreti River, the place is, well perfect! Generally, fishing easier walking streams, the Mataura and Wakaia Rivers, are abundant with fish in the 3-5lb category, whilst the larger waters such as the Oreti hold fish in the 6-10lb range. Almost every fish is sight cast, and to us, that is what fly fishing New Zealand is all about. The two main differences between our trips and others are that we use local Kiwi guide, Brendan Shields, local accommodation, and locally cooked meals, which literally involves the entire community. The other is we accompany you on these adventures as hosts. We have constantly fished the many rivers and lakes in the area over many years, and makes certain your trip is the best it can be. Prices include everything except airfares and license.. we might even throw in a few beers too!!
What You'll Get
Adventure onto the local Southland rivers where we specialize in sight fishing tours, where we spot the fish, you cast, hook and catch every fish we see for the trip. The rivers can be anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour's drive from our base in Lumsden, with some of the best fishing in New Zealand and even the WORLD... right at our doorstep!
• Lumsden, Lumsden, Southland Region, South Island
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Dinner - ALL meals are included for the weeks fly fishing adventure
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fly Fishing equipment can be provided
- All Fees and Taxes
- Fishing License
- Private transportation
- Flights to Queenstown
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hurley's Fly Fishing New Zealand in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.