The Earlybird Special is a discounted price only available for the first two time-slots of the day (2 spaces per time-slot).
It’s time to scream in the shark machine.
You’re inside what feels like a cross between a fighter jet and a torpedo.
It’s skimming across the top of the lake at 80kph then it dives under the water, surrounding you in serene liquid blue.
Next your pilot points the shark at the sky and it blasts back out again, straight up into the air before shattering the lake into a million crystal shards on a screaming re-entry.
Whatever else you’ve done in the name of extreme excitement, nothing has prepared you for a ride in one of Hydro Attack’s sharks.
Hydro Attack is the world’s first commercial operator of these unique semi-submersible machines so while you’re in Queenstown don’t miss your chance to have a go.
What You'll Get
Start the day with an adrenaline blast on the Earlybird special! Experience a high-speed thrill ride in one of our semi-submersible sharks as one of our experienced pilots takes you on the ride of your life. Dive under the crystal clear waters and then blast up into the air then watch the aqua blue water surround the fighter-jet glass canopy as you do side rolls and tight turns like an aquatic rollercoaster. Your shark experience is one-on-one with your pilot so you decide if you want to go mild or wild. Are you ready for the ultimate blend of shark and machine?
Trips are 15 minutes out on the water. Please allow 25 minutes total for the whole experience including safety briefing and loading and unloading.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Trips are weather dependent and Hydro Attack's operation can be affected by high swell on the lake, heavy rain or stormy conditions and Hydro Attack reserves the right to modify trip times and cancel trips for safety reasons. A full refund can be given for trips cancelled by weather when the cancellation is verified by Hydro Attack. On windy days the option to move to our boat trip and shark ride product will be offered to customers on a space available basis.
- Minimum age to ride in the shark is 6 years old. Parents cannot accompany their children on this ride.
- Most travelers can participate
- We recommend wearing light, loose and comfortable clothing for your ride in the shark.
- Maximum space available for the Earlybird special is 4 spaces per day (2 per time-slot)
- Not recommended for travelers over 6ft 4'/195cm (please check with staff if over this height before booking)
- Not recommended for travelers over 110kg/240lb (please check with staff if over this weight before booking)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hydro Attack Experience
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Lifejacket & earmuffs
- Optional USB of footage & photos (for an extra fee)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hydro Attack Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.