The boat trip and shark ride is our best option for 6 to 10 people to experience a thrilling ride in our semi-submersible shark.
Head out in the Hydro Attack passenger boat to our operating area on the main part of the lake. Once in position it’s time to up the adrenaline. Loading and unloading from the side of the boat you can enjoy the same great experience in our semi-submersible shark as a single trip from the wharf, then settle back on the boat to watch your friends, family and other passengers have their turn. A great option for photo opportunities with the bonus of an additional boat trip on Lake Wakatipu.
What You'll Get
GREAT FOR GROUPS of 6 to 10.
Head out on the lake in our passenger boat to our operating area. Loading from the side of the launch enjoy your ride in our semi-submersible shark then settle back to watch your friends and family.
YOUR SHARK RIDE:
It’s time to scream in the shark machine.
You’re inside what feels like a cross between a fighter jet and a torpedo.
It’s skimming across the top of the lake at 80kph then it dives under the water, surrounding you in serene liquid blue.
Next your pilot points the shark at the sky and it blasts back out again, straight up into the air before shattering the lake into a million crystal shards on a screaming re-entry.
Whatever else you’ve done in the name of extreme excitement, nothing has prepared you for a ride in one of Hydro Attack’s sharks.
WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT IT?
- It's great for groups and families to share the excitement
- It's the best option for photo opportunities
- The boat trip and shark ride is still available on most windy weather days, we just head for a calm area of the lake
- Stay dry. Our boat is covered and enclosed with clear plastic weather shields to protect you from the elements on windy or wet days
• Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Trips are weather dependent - Hydro Attack's operation can be affected by high swell on the lake, heavy rain or stormy conditions and Hydro Attack reserves the right to modify trip times and cancel trips for safety reasons. A full refund can be given for trips cancelled by weather when the cancellation is verified by Hydro Attack.
- We recommend you bring a warm jacket on cool days for the boat and wear light, loose and comfortable clothing for your ride in the shark.
- Minimum age 6 years old to ride in the shark. Approx weight restrictions (105kg/232 pounds/16.5 stone) and height restrictions (6ft 4' or 193cm) apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers over 6ft 4'/195cm (please check with staff if over this height before booking)
- Not recommended for travelers over 110kg/240lb (please check with staff if over this weight before booking)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Boat trip and semi-submersible shark tour
- Local taxes
- Transfers from your hotel
1 hour 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hydro Attack Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.