A fabulous, fun, 3 day and 3 night Walking Holiday on the stunning Waiheke Island. Only 35 minutes from Auckland by ferry, discover another world of wineries, beaches, art, and breath taking walking tracks and trails. The tour includes gorgeous cottage accommodation, all transport once on the Island, maps, guidance and support to walk self-guided on the best trails, plus fabulous food and local wine.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Discovery Day - Oneroa Beach to Onetangi. Walk the north side bays and beaches along tracks and trails.
Stop At: Oneroa Beach, Oceanview Rd, Auckland, Waiheke Island 1081 New Zealand
Begin your walk in the lovely village of Oneroa, quirky and quaint. Walk through the northern beaches and discover the real Waiheke, from old baches to modern beach houses, bush reserves and vineyards.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Obsidian Vineyard, Te Makiri Road, Onetangi, Auckland, Waiheke Island 1081 New Zealand
Optional stop for a wine tasting at Obsidian in Onetangi's famous vineyard valley
Duration: 1 hour
• Dinner: Enjoy a beautiful chef-prepared 3 course meal at your accommodation with local wine.
Accommodation included: Your accommodation for the trip is beautiful Totara Cottage, which sleeps 6 maximum, near Onetangi Beach.
Day 2: Walking through the heart of the Island, Onetangi to Rocky Bay, through native bush to the quiet south side coves.
Stop At: Whakanewha Regional Park, 75 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island, Auckland 1971, New Zealand
Walk through the gorgeous native bush and trails of the regional park. See rare native NZ Dotterels at the beach and other seabirds.
Duration: 2 hours
• Breakfast: Breakfast goodies are supplied to enjoy before you begin your day.
• Lunch: Lunch goodies are supplied to make your own picnic lunch to carry on your walk.
Accommodation included: Your second night at relaxing Totara Cottage, and a stroll out to the beach for your choice of dinner options.
Day 3: Coastal Headlands - walk the stunning coastal paths of the western end of Waiheke.
Stop At: Mudbrick Vineyard, Church Bay Road, Oneroa, Auckland, Waiheke Island New Zealand
If the breath-taking scenery around the coastal paths becomes too much there are many tracks that lead to this world-class vineyard.
Duration: 1 hour
• Breakfast: Breakfast goodies are provided at the cottage.
• Lunch: Pack a picnic lunch using food and goodies supplied at the cottage.
Accommodation included: Your third and final night at Totara Cottage. Head out for a celebratory dinner at the beach or Casita Miro vineyard.
Day 4: Departure day, we take you back to the ferry.
Stop At: /Matiatia Ferry Terminal, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Here we say farewell after 3 wonderful days of walks, fun, fabulous food and relaxing accommodation.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Breakfast: A final farewell breakfast provided at the Cottage.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- 3x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Private transportation
- All maps and support
/Matiatia Ferry Terminal, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the i Walk Waiheke in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.