InterIslander offers daily ferry services across Cook Strait linking New Zealand’s North and South Islands. Cruise across in 3.5-hours whilst traveling in comfort and style as you savor one of the world’s most scenic ferry journeys.The InterIslander is an experience not be missed.
What You'll Get
An edition of the US magazine Wine Spectator, described the InterIslander trip as 'one of the most beautiful ferry rides in the world' and the scenery was described as 'jaw droppingly stunning!.
At one end is the beautiful harbor of New Zealand's capital city Wellington (North Island). The cruise across Wellington Harbor offers a unique view of this exciting city. Nestled between surrounding hills and the glistening harbor; Wellington is a vibrant city which has retained the charm of its early colonial heritage. Wellington is alive with some of New Zealand's finest restaurants, shopping and theatre - including the spectacular Te Papa Museum of New Zealand.
Out of Wellington is the journey across Cook Strait which itself has a dramatic beauty all of its own. Both islands can be viewed, including the magnificent Kaikoura Ranges and there is often the chance to see wildlife such as seabirds, dolphins, seals, whales and orca.
Picton; at the other end of the crossing is reached after cruising through the picturesque Queen Charlotte Sound in the heart of the Marlborough Sounds. The sparkling clear waters and lush forests of the Sounds is a breathtaking introduction to the South Island.
Note: This InterIslander option does not allow travel with your vehicle.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Apart from designated areas, smoking is not permitted inside the ship.
- The InterIslander fleet has 3 vessels: The Kaitaki (carrying up to 1600 passengers), The Aratere (carrying up to 350 passengers) and the Kaiarahi (carrying up to 550 passengers).
- From Picton, some InterIslander ferry sailing's connect with the Coastal Pacific train service to Kaikoura and Christchurch.
- Check in at the terminal at least 45 minutes prior to departure time
- Cafes and a food court
- Fast-food takeaway bar
- Shop for travel needs, souvenirs, magazines and confectionery
- Movie theater
- Video games parlor
- Lounge and tavern bar
- Observation deck
- Children's play area and nursery
- Private work desks
- During off-peak sailing's, some facilities are only open for a limited time
- Surcharge applies to additional services including extra luggage, large sporting equipment, traveling with pets. The option of carrying additional bicycles and sporting gear (for example, canoes or surfboards), is an additional cost of $15 per item. If you are traveling with dogs, kennels are provided at a cost of $15, ensuring your pet's comfort and safety, and your peace of mind. There are a limited number of kennels available.
- The luggage allowance is two (2) items of baggage per person. Additional baggage items may be carried, subject to availability and on the payment of an additional charge. Larger baggage, including backpacks, must be checked in at the Wellington terminal. Baggage can then be collected from the carousels at the port of arrival. InterIslander will not accept individual baggage items which exceed either 32 kilograms in weight, or 200 linear centimeters (height and length and width) in dimension. For safety reasons, there are no exceptions to the weight restriction. However, the restriction in dimension is relaxed for sporting equipment.
- Infants aged 1 year and under travel free of charge.
- Children aged 2 to 14 years inclusive qualify for the child rate.
- Youths aged 18 years and under are not permitted to travel in the Plus Lounge.
- One way InterIslander ferry trip from Wellington to Picton
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
3 hours 30 minutes
Auckland St, Picton 7281, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Interislander in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.