Take on the mighty Wairoa River in an adrenaline pumping rafting expedition you'll never forget!
The Grade 5 Wairoa River is renowned for having some of the best white water action in New Zealand.
Kaituna Cascades run the whole of the river including the bottom three rapids and the lower waterfall!
Hold on for dear life as you tackle 'Mothers Nightmare' which has a technical grade 4 rock garden, closely followed by a tight 2 metre drop.
Experience the thrill of 'The Rollercoaster' - consisting of the aptly named 'Devils Cauldron' and the breathtaking 'Bottom Drop'.
Feel the rush of 'The Waterfall' which has an awesome 3 metre drop into a churning pool of white water through the Wairoa Rivers boulder-strewn rock canyon.
Topped off with a small lunch and refreshments at the river!
What You'll Get
• Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours on Class 5 White Water
• Availability: 26 days per year, every Sunday during summer months, with some Spring and Autumn releases too.
• Times: Two trips per day 9.30am & 1pm.
• Transport:Free transport from Rotorua is provided for the 9:30am trip only. We will pick you up from your accommodation at 8:30am in Rotorua, and you will return by 2pm. For the 1pm trip please meet us out at the river location.
• What to bring: Sense of adventure, bathing suit / shorts and a towel.
• What we provide: Custom built rafts, wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties and splash jackets.
• Location: The river is located just outside Tauranga on highway 29, 15 minutes from Tauranga or 50 minutes from Rotorua.
• Conditions: 13+ years only.
• Fitness Level: A reasonable fitness level is required as this is a challenging river.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must be 13+ years old
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Free Transport (with 9:30am trip)
- A small lunch and refreshments at the river
- Shuttle service is not available for 1pm trip
1368 State Highway 29, Tauriko, Lower Kaimai 3171, New Zealand
3 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kaituna Cascades in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.