Experience a day trip of a life time to one of New Zealand's conversation jewels; Kapiti Island.
Soak up the beauty, hear the stories of the Ngati Toa Maori people, spot whales and sea birds, native birds in their natural environment free of predators such as rats, stoats and possums.
Feel like you have been taken back in time as you walk through stunning native bush spotting rare native birds found nowhere else in the world. You will see birds which are on the brink of extinction.
Walk the tracks and summit the island, sit on the beach in peace and admire the rugged coastline or swim in the Kapiti Marine reserve, picnic on the lawn or down the beach.
The choice is yours!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kapiti Coast, Kapiti Coast, Greater Wellington, North Island
You will be met by the owner of the business Coops who will get you all set up and onto the boat. A short 20 min trip over to the isalnd and your eco experience awaits! Your guide will look after you and set you on your way to walk the tracks and be amazed by the pure clean green enviornment
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our purpose built boat backs you onto the island where you disembark onto the stones and beach there is a short walk of about 5 minutes up to the information center where you receive a 20 minute presentation. The beach access is not suitable for standard wheel chairs. Please get hold of us to discuss off road wheel chairs
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- You can purchase a yummy lunch from us which will keep you going. Sandwich or Roll a slice and Muffin along with a nice cold water.
- Just let us know in heaps of time
- Food and drinks
4 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kapiti Island Eco Experience in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.