Kapiti Island is one of New Zealand's oldest and most important Nature Reserves, and is a place rich in history. Join this tour for an unforgettable overnight experience; enjoy a range of bush walks, meeting some of New Zealand's most beautiful and endangered birds, before enjoying chef prepared meals at The Lodge. After an evening of great wine, food and company, your experienced guide will take you on a night walk to find the rare and elusive national icon – the Kiwi Bird.
What You'll Get
Your ferry departs daily from Paraparaumu Beach, roughly 1-hour drive north of Wellington City. You can choose to board the ferry at 9am, and return at the same time the next day.
On arrival you will be greeted by your experienced nature guide who will tell you stories of Kapiti Island's incredibly rich human and conservation history - from heroic Maori warriors to some of the world’s first dedicated conservationists.
Walking paths on Kapiti Island are well marked, and vary in difficulty from easy 1-hour flat walks to more demanding 3-4-hour hill climbs to stunning views. Wherever you choose to walk you'll be surrounded by a huge range of endemic New Zealand bird life.
Meals and accommodation are based at the Lodge - an intimate experience with a small number of guests. The chef selects local wine, beer, and produce to create an unforgettable dining experience (all included in price).
After dinner you embark on a night walk through grassland and bush, led by an experienced Kiwi spotting guide, to try and spot a wild Kiwi bird in its natural habitat. This is one of the most successful, easy, and enjoyable Kiwi spotting experiences in the world. Under a night sky undimmed by light pollution you can enjoy the sights and sounds of wild New Zealand by night.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please contact us between 7-7:15am on the day of your tour to confirm your check in time and that the tour is going ahead. Ph: 0800 527 484.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Return ferry transportation from Paraparaumu Beach to Kapiti Island
- Department of Conservation and local council permits
- An introductory talk from an experienced and passionate local guide
- All meals and refreshments prepared by chef at The Lodge
- Unique overnight accommodation (you need to choose your accommodation type - cabin, tent or ensuite) - each accommodation has its own rate.
- An evening Kiwi spotting tour: 1.5 hours of gentle walking through varied habitat to experience New Zealand wildlife by night, including the Little Spotted Kiwi (one of 5 species of Kiwi)
- An evening of food, wine and conversation with a local Maori family who have been telling the stories of this land for generations
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (not required)
Kapiti Boating Club, Kapiti Rd, Paraparaumu Beach, Paraparaumu 5032, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kapiti Island Nature Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.