Kapiti Island is one of New Zealand's oldest and most important Nature Reserves, and is a place rich in history.
You can expect to see some of our most beautiful and endangered birds up close and personal as you share the space with the locals.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kapiti Island Nature Tours, 1 Manly Street, Paraparaumu 5032 New Zealand
You will be taken on your 1hr guided nature/history walk.Then time for an independent walk
- either the north end Okupe loop walk (approx 1 & 1/2hrs return walk) or - North end coastal track (approx 1hr return walk) *
* (please note this is only available as guided from 1 Nov-31 March – spoonbill & gull nesting season)
Then head to the lodge for lunch.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Paraparaumu Beach, Paraparaumu New Zealand
This tour is inclusive of an introductory talk/briefing on arrival, lunch, local council visitor permit, DOC permit, return ferry transport and a 1hr guided nature/history walk.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please contact us between 7-7:15am on the day of your tour to confirm your check in time and that the tour is going ahead. Ph: 0800 527 484.
- Lodge closed during June/July/August for annual maintenance
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Return ferry transportation from Paraparaumu Beach to Kapiti Island
- Department of Conservation and local council permits
- An introductory talk from an experienced and passionate local guide
- Lunch prepared by chef at The Lodge
- A 1hr guided nature/history walk.
- Hosted by a local Maori family who have been telling the stories of this land for generations
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Paraparaumu Beach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (not required)
Kapiti Island 5032, New Zealand
9am, with check in 30 minutes prior to departure.
5 to 6 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kapiti Island Nature Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.