Experience real maori culture and explore the beautiful Waikouaiti River on our waka ama (outrigger canoe) or waka unua (double hulled canoe). Our experienced and knowledgeable guides will share the fascinating history of the Kati Huirapa people, the stories of the Karitane area and our local ecological restoration projectsTour numbers are limited so that we can personalize your tour. The tour length is two hours and includes tea, coffee and light snacks at our sunny premises.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karitane Maori Tours, 128 Stornoway St, Karitane, Dunedin, Dunedin 9471 New Zealand
At our office you'll be welcomed with a mihi whakatau which is an informal maori greeting.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Karitane Beach, 5 Sulisker St Karitane 9471, Dunedin New Zealand
The river we sail on is estuarine and runs along the sand spit.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We are wheelchair accessible but please advise before booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Karitane Maori Tours
- Transportation to/from attractions - contact us if you would like transport arranged
128 Stornoway St, Karitane 9471, New Zealand
Departure times are dependent on tides.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Karitane Maori Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.