Experience the South Island’s striking natural landscape by taking a train one way between Greymouth and Christchurch. Along this journey you’ll see epic vistas, travel the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River, traverse the Southern Alps, and see miles of native beech forest.
What You'll Get
One of the world’s greatest train journeys, travelling coast to coast through forests and farmland and through the spectacular Southern Alps. The TranzAlpine operates a daily service between Christchurch and Greymouth. From the comfort of world class carriages travel from the West Coast town of Greymouth through lush beech rainforest before arriving at Arthur's Pass National Park. Then travels through the majestic Southern Alps, followed by the spectacular gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri River. You will then see the fields of the Canterbury Plains before arriving at the final destination of Christchurch.
While on board enjoy the journey in award winning world class carriages with specially designed seats. Awaken your senses in the open air viewing decks or sit back and enjoy the GPS triggered audio commentary available through headphones at every seat. All trains have a licensed café carriage providing snacks and light meals.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if travelling with a wheelchair.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure and check in at the station to receive your boarding pass
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This train passes through the Southern Alps, please dress for the alpine conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- One Way Rail Journey
- GPS-triggered audio commentary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
210 to 270 minutes
Christchurch Railway Station, Canterbury 8011, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KiwiRail LTD in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.