New Zealand's longest running passenger service, the Northern Explorer is a long distance scenic train service running between Wellington and Auckland. Experience the extremes of New Zealand's scenery, from the fertile farmlands of Waikato to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and the sparkling Kapiti Coast.
What You'll Get
Travel through rolling green farmland, past quaint country towns and along rocky coasts.
The journey through Tongariro National Park, with its three spectacular volcanic mountains, Tongariro, Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu, is a highlight, a place of extremes and surprises, where snow-blanketed fields, ancient lava flows and dense beech forests can be seen side by side. Traverse stunning river gorges and wind through the Raurimu Spiral near National Park, an amazing feat of railway engineering.
While on board enjoy the journey in award winning world-class carriages with specially designed seats. Awaken your senses in the open air viewing decks or sit back and enjoy the GPS triggered audio commentary available through headphones at every seat. All trains have a licensed café carriage providing snacks and light meals (at own expense)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if travelling with a wheelchair.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure and check in at the station to receive your boarding pass. Please have your Viator Voucher ready for inspection.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- One Way Rail Journey
- GPS triggered audio commentary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
315 to 630 minutes
Auckland Strand, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KiwiRail LTD in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.