Experience and immerse yourself in the rugged coastal architecture of New Zealand. The Coastal Pacific travels breathtakingly close to the Pacific Ocean, where the roaring, windblown sea meets enormous bush-clad mountains.
What You'll Get
With steeply soaring mountains on one side and the sweeping Pacific Ocean on the other, find yourself immersed in the rugged coastal architecture of the east coast of the South Island. Surrounded by a myriad of sea and birdlife, you’ll hug 98km of untouched coastline, winding your way through lush native bush, charming coastal towns and dramatic seascapes.
While on board enjoy the journey in award winning world class carriages with specially designed seats. Awaken your senses in the open air viewing decks or sit back and enjoy the GPS triggered audio commentary available through headphones at every seat. All trains have a licensed café carriage providing snacks and light meals (at own expense).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if travelling with a wheelchair
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure and check in at the station to receive your boarding pass
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- GPS-triggered audio commentary
- One way Rail Journey
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Christchurch Railway Station, Canterbury 8011, New Zealand
195 to 375 minutes
1: Picton Railway Station, Picton 7220, New Zealand
2: Whaleway Station Rd, Kaikoura 7300, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KiwiRail LTD in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.