When someone says New Zealand, many people think “Lord of the Rings”, and if you are visiting the North Island, you can get up close and personal with the magical world of Hobbiton. Hobbiton, located in Matamata, is the movie set for The Shire in the Lord of the Rings franchise.Book your private transfer to Hobbiton Movie Set and get lead into the magical world that serves as a backdrop for the beginning of the movies, driving through classic New Zealand farmland, looking out over the Kaimai Ranges, exploring the iconic house of Bilbo Baggins, and having a drink in the Green Dragon Inn. These tours are an absolute must if you are a fan of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, but even people who have not seen the movies or read the books will be inspired by the lush green landscape and movie set that blurs the lines between reality and fiction.
What You'll Get
Pick-up and drop from any location within Auckland
• Pick-up and drop-off from Auckland Airport or Cruise Terminal
• Choose your own start time (from 6am daily)
• Van can accommodate up to 9 passengers, with 8 Medium Suitcases at the Cargo area
We offer an option for you to hire a van and have your own driver to transfer you to any location as you please.
• Cost effective and convenient for small groups
Offers more privacy and flexibility than traditional group tours.
Travel at your own pace, stay at one place for as long as you like.
Perfect for travellers with small kids or travelling with seniors that needs special assistance
Perfect for cruise ship travellers.
Pick-up and drop off from/to Auckland Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal and Auckland Accommodation.
Note: Hobbiton Movie Set walking tour includes stars, uphill and uneven surfaces and not the whole tour are wheelchair accessible. However, we can arrange for a buggy/golf cart to those with mobility requirements but this would need at least 2-3 weeks to reserve with the Hobbiton Office.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved at the Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Round-trip private transfer from/to Auckland
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Round-trip private transfer
- The listed price does not include parking fee if applicable.
- Entrance fees if applicable.
- Food and drinks
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Pick-up from the following:
-Accommodation within the Auckland Region
-Others-to be advised
Choose your start/end time from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kiwi Scenic Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.