You will enjoy this trip of a lifetime on a small group tour (with a maximum of 9 passengers) to the magical Hobbiton Movie Set, famous for The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. Beat the crowds with a guaranteed early access admission ticket on this full-day tour from Auckland. Join a 2-hour guided tour of the Hobbiton 12 acre set for an in-depth experience of this magical famous site. Have your photo taken beside a hobbit-hole, see where Bilbo Baggins lived and then top off your day with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn.
This tour package takes all the stress out of your visit, with tickets to the film set and transport to and from Auckland provided in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan. There are no meals included, but you have time in Hobbiton to buy and eat food and shop for souvenirs before you return to Auckland.
We have an optional stop at Auckland's Botanical Gardens or Mt Eden Summit (set on a dormant volcano) to admire either attraction.
What You'll Get
You will enjoy the trip of a lifetime to one of the most iconic New Zealand attractions.
You will be fully guided around the 12 acre set and Lord of the Rings fans will love the official 2 hour ‘Hobbiton Movie Set Tour’ learning the secrets and stories behind the Middle-Earth creation. Not only film fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Mill, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape. Finally, at the Green Dragon Inn, indulge in a complimentary beverage from the Hobbit Southfarthing range, which encompasses two traditional ales, an apple cider or non-alcoholic ginger beer, all handcrafted and exclusive to Hobbiton Movie Set.
• Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
• Auckland Botanic Gardens, 102 Hill Rd, Manurewa, Auckland 2105 New Zealand
• Access off Hillside Crescent Mount Eden Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1024 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour can be partially accessiable to wheelchair's.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Central Auckland Hotel pick ups and drop offs. Can also pick up or drop off to Auckland Airport's.
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Auckland.
We can pick up or return passengers to Auckland Airport's
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kiwi Segway Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.