Winter is coming… So let's make it one hell of a party!!
New Zealand’s South Island is a place of breathtaking beauty, and there’s no better time to explore it than a Kiwi winter. Snow-covered mountains, crisp blue lakes, unbeatable nightlife… You’ll spend two weeks exploring it all with us and making memories you’ll never forget.
On your Kiwi Vibes tour, we guarantee you the time of your freakin’ life as you experience NZ’s ‘Epic South’
What You'll Get
Day 1: Auckland to Taupo
Welcome on board, Vibrators! Today we leave the busy city of Auckland and head south to the famous Waitomo Caves for some instant underground action! After that, it's off to Taupo for our first night's accommodation and a chance to paint the town red as a group!
Day 2: Taupo to Wellington
Today we head south to New Zealand's capital city - Wellington. Along the way we'll stop in at the National Army Museum and have a bite to eat afterwards. Once in 'Welly' the afternoon is yours to explore this funky city!
Day 3: Wellington to Kaikoura
After two days/nights in the North Island, it's time for us to board the Cook Strait ferry and head over to NZ's South Island. Once in Picton, we'll head down to Kaikoura, famous for its incredible sea-life population.
Day 4: Kaikoura to Hokitika
Time for some truly breathtaking scenery on today's drive, as we go from East Coast to West Coast towards Hokitika.
Day 5: Hokitika to Franz Josef
Today is our chance to see one of the wonders of New Zealand - the breathtaking Franz Josef Glacier. Tonight, we pub crawl in this winter wonderland village!
Day 6: Franz Josef to Queenstown
Queenstown is a place you really have to see to believe. Today is that day as we head south for this winter oasis.
Day 7: Queenstown FREE DAY
Often described as the adventure capital of NZ, today is the first of two FREE DAY in Queenstown. Bungee, skydive, jetboat on the lake, the options are endless!
Day 8: Queenstown FREE DAY
Another FREE DAY in Queenstown!
Day 9: Queenstown to Lake Tekapo
Today we're off to stunning Lake Tekapo, where we'll see the famous 'Church of the Good Shepherd'.
Day 10: Lake Tekapo to Christchurch
NZ's 'Garden City' is the largest city in the South Island. Tonight we call Christchurch home for our last night in the South.
Day 11: Christchurch to Wellington
Today it's time to head north again and cross the Cook Strait back into Wellington for the night. Miss something on our first day in 'Welly'? Now's your chance to catch up!
Day 12: Wellington to New Plymouth
North again this morning for the Taranaki region and its biggest city, New Plymouth. We'll explore its beauty by day, and its nightlife tonight!
Day 13: New Plymouth to Auckland
Just because today is our last day doesn't mean we're slowing down! Heading north, we'll go to Sir Peter Jackson's famous 'Hobbiton' for those once in a lifetime photos for your Instagram! After that, we're back to Auckland to say farewell! (For now...)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking. Maximum number of customers on each tour is 30.
- All New Zealand visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- All accommodation is included (clean, quality, Kiwi hostels)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Breakfast is included each day, as well as many delicious lunches and dinners!
- Local, expert guide with unmatched personality. We're pretty funny too!
- Transport by coach around New Zealand.
- Ferry crossing costs included.
- Flights to New Zealand not included.
- Travel insurance is the responsibility of guests.
Tours end at
Base Backpackers, Auckland.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kiwi Vibes in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.