This private luxury tour can take you to Wanaka, Central Otago, Cardrona Valley or Glenorchy. To farms, wineries, national parks and much more.
We create a tailored tour experience just for you. Every tour we do is different because every guest we welcome is unique. In the comfort of a private vehicle with your own personal guide, join us to see what is so special about our sister towns over the mountains.
These are options within reach in an 8-hour day:
• A visit to Wanaka and Aspiring National Park.
• A food and wine tour to world class vineyards, gin distilleries, microbreweries, and renowned food and produce suppliers.
• A gourmet Glenorchy picnic to a secret spot that is perfect to lay out the picnic rug and relax with a glass of wine and a gourmet spread.
• A visit to the beautiful Ida Valley stopping at historic towns of Central Otago including Clyde and the “ghost town” of St Bathans.
• For the wine buff, a full day of exclusive winery visits in our world class wine region.
What You'll Get
Some of the activities and sights you can choose from on an 8 hour tour include the following:
• A visit to Wanaka, a drive around the lake and up into the awesome Aspiring National Park home of Tititea, the highest mountain in this area.
• A food and wine loop tour through the Cromwell Basin, Wanaka and the Cardrona Valley. Visit world class vineyards, gin distilleries, microbreweries, renowned food and produce suppliers, cafes, bars and restaurants. Hand-picked to your individual taste.
• A gourmet Glenorchy picnic. Following our Lake Wakatipu to its head and along the braided rivers beyond, we’ll show you a secret spot that is perfect to lay out the picnic rug and relax with a glass of wine and a gourmet spread. Follow this by a wander in the forest or along the river. Every detail can be arranged and if you wish, some private time for you, knowing that your guide can be on hand should you need them.
• A back-country tour into the Nevis Valley via the highest public road in the country. Learn about the gold mining history and further back to the times when the nomadic Maori tribes hunted the moa to extinction in these parts. No tour buses, crowds or noise to be found this far from town. Follow this by a meal at an award-winning Bannockburn winery and a drive home via the stunning Kawarau Gorge.
• A visit to the beautiful farmlands of the Ida Valley stopping at historic towns of Central Otago including Clyde, Alexandra and the “ghost town” of St Bathans. Learn about the pioneers of farming, fruit growing and invention that provided a livelihood for early settlers. Experience the warmth and hospitality of the local communities.
• For the wine buff, a full day of winery visits including an exclusive tour and introduction to the team of a working vineyard that produces internationally acclaimed wines. You will have the choice of 4-6 wineries and cellar doors to visit in a completely tailored tour.
We’ll be ready to pick you up from your accommodation at a time that suits you and return you to your desired location at the completion of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Once the tour is booked we will contact you to discuss what you would most like to include in your tour.
- Please advise pick-up time and address at time of booking.
- Please advise if there are children in the group requiring a car seat.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private Tour - not 'share with others'
- Accommodation pick up / drop off
- Experienced Driver/Guide
- All Activities
- Wine Tasting
- Bottled water
- Wi-fi onboard all vehicles
- Lunch is not included in the price of the tour to give you the freedom to choose. We will stop off at one of our many preferred restaurants, cafes or wineries and you can dine in a way that suits you.
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all accommodation in the Queenstown local area. Tours can also start from Arrowtown. Please advise us of your pick-up address when making your booking. Return to your accommodation or your choice of location in Queenstown at the end of your tour.
Pick-up from your accommodation at a time that suits you - Please inform us of your chosen time when confirming your booking. (Recommended departure time is between 8am and 10am)
Return to your accommodation or your choice of location in Queenstown at the end of your tour.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Luxe Guides in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.