Explore the Historic Fort on North Head in Devonport one of Auckland's most treasured historic reserves on this 2½ hour guided Segway Tour. You'll be God-smacked by the spectacular views both built and natural from the summit of this volcanic cone and you'll explore the historic Fort of the 1880's. As you tour the Fort, the streets of the Victorian village, the beaches and parks you'll learn the history both Maori and European from your local tour guide. With a maximum of 6 people per tour your guide will spend one to one time with you teaching you to ride a Segway and you'll have plenty of time to practice before you leave on the tour. Every day of the week, you have 3 scheduled times to choose from in the Summer and 2 scheduled times to choose from in the Winter months. Being a small historic seaside village with stunning views, a quiet charming atmosphere and lots of open spaces it's one of the best locations anywhere in the world for a Segway Tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Magic Broomstick Segway Tours, Devonport Ferry Terminal 1 Queens Parade, Devonport, Auckland 0624, New Zealand
This is the location of our office where you sign up to take a guided Segway Tour around Auckland's Historic Seaside Village of Devonport.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: North Head Historic Reserve, Takarunga Rd. Devonport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Our Tour Guide will lead you to the Summit of this Volcanic Cone, where the views back to Auckland City and the Hauraki Gulf are spectacular. Your guide will take you to explore the remains of this historic fort built in the 1880s.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years on Family Fun Ride and A Taste of Segway.
- Minimum age is 13 years for Mt. Victoria Magic and Historic North Head Tours.
- A maximum of 6 people per tour booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- A small amount of walking is involved on the North Head Tour.
- Not recommended for people who are not agile enough to climb stairs unaided.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- If canceled due to extreme weather conditions that make it unsafe to ride a Segway, you will be given the option of an alternative date or refund Less administration fee.
- All participants weights MUST be between 35kgs - 120kgs (75lbs - 265lbs)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Local guide
- Use of helmet
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary
- Entry/Admission - Magic Broomstick Segway Tours
- Entry/Admission - North Head Historic Reserve
- Transportation to/from Segway start location.
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Magic Broomstick Segway Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.