Mitai Maori Village offers you an authentic cultural evening incorporating a traditional earth cooked Hangi feast. Witness warriors in traditional dress paddle in an ancient canoe. Be captivated by the displays of weaponry, Haka, coupled with the grace of the poi dance. Learn about carvings and ta moko (tattoo art). Marvel at the sacred Fairy Spring flowing directly from earth, view our glow worms in their natural habitat. This experience is powerful, truly captivating and memorable.
What You'll Get
Mitai Maori Village will give you an authentic introduction to Maori culture leaving you amazed and in awe. The Mitai family is proud to have created a sacred and spiritual place that offers you an authentic indigenous cultural experience like no other. The evening is guaranteed to leave you enthralled by the fascinating Maori Culture.
Your evening begins with a pickup from your Rotorua accommodation. You will be met with a warm and personalized meet and greet from one of our beautiful Maori Maidens dressed in the traditional attire, providing you with the opportunity to take a photograph and to embrace the hospitality of our Maori people. Upon arrival to our Mitai Maori Village you will learn the basic guidelines of entering such a sacred place. Select a Chief to represent those visiting our village, representation of your group is considered to be honorable high ranking status in Maoridom.
Enter the world of Mitai and be enthralled by the natural bush setting, and learn of the past times and history of this significant area which once was occupied and flourished in villages.
See warriors in traditional dress paddle an ancient warrior canoe (waka) down the Wai-o-whiro stream, and don’t miss your only opportunity in the Rotorua area to see glow worms in their natural habitat. Marvel at the crystal clear water full of eels and trout flowing directly from the earth at the sacred “Fairy Spring”.
Be captivated by songs, dances and games in a rich powerful entertaining cultural concert, complete with the spine tingling “Haka” Maori war dance.
View the uplifting of the hangi from the earth cooked oven (Hangi Pit) in the ground and learn the preparation and contents of the traditional hangi. Learn the art of Ta Moko (tattoo), Maori customs, Musical instrument, Poi dance (Ball on the end of a string), Carving, Flora and fauna and the medicinal uses and learn of our glow worm and the sacred freshwater spring.
The authentic hangi dinner includes a hot selection of succulent New Zealand meats and poultry, delicious vegetables and fresh salads, topped off with tempting dessert buffet style. Full bar facilities are available.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own care person
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - warm comfortable clothing and walking footwear
- Need to advise the selected registered accommodation provider within Rotorua for courtesy transport
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- 3 hour nightly cultural experience
- Hangi served from a buffet alongside other side dishes and dessert
- Participate in a short guided bush walk to learn of the flora and fauna
- Courtesy transport from all registered local accommodation providers within Rotorua
- Entry/Admission - Mitai Maori Village
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Drop-off to your Rotorua hotel
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mitai Maori Village in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.