Join us on a luxury journey of discovery with this full-day combo tour from Tauranga. This tour is conducted in a small group mini van/bus 2017/18 vehicle with full UV protection tinted glass and dual air conditioning.Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture! Not to forget the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua’s leading Maori cultural performance groups. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori have tamed this land for there own purpose.Afterwards, visit a highly regarded restaurant for a two-course meal with tea or coffee included. Next the Polynesian Spa. An internationally acclaimed spa facility, so you can pamper yourself in hot mineral pools, Enjoy this unique lakefront thermal spa experience - offering a wonderful fusion of relaxing hot mineral spring bathing, spa therapies and picturesque views of Lake Rotorua.
What You'll Get
• THIS IS A SMALL GROUP TOUR
• ALL ENTRANCE FEES AND CULTURAL SHOW ARE INCLUDED
• TWO COURSE LUNCH INCLUDING UNLIMITED TEAS AND COFFEE
Your driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and take you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui in a small group mini van/bus. See kiwifruit orchards and lush countryside as you drive for around 75 minutes to Rotorua. Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley (with geysers, steam vents and mud pools).
Your small group will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See geysers, mud pools, and mineral springs, and learn about Maori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Hear and experience the rhythmic chant of the Haka (traditional war performance). You are invited to share in their everyday life.
Experience the sights, smells and observe first-hand a unique cultural way of living among geothermal wonders. Learn about a culture that is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Maori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance, and of course observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day.
Next you will be taken for a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu).
You will then move on to the next venue: the Polynesian Spa to unlock nature’s gift in Rotorua. The Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s.
Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools. The slightly acidic Priest Spring waters relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin.
You will be returned back to your ship in plenty of time after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- Experience two top venues of Rotorua and enjoy a relaxing two course lunch
- Swimsuit and towel for the Polynesian Spa
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Please advise driver of any food allergies the morning of the tour
- This tour is for Adults and children from the age of 12 or older
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- 'The Living Maori Living Village" with cultural show! (entrance fee's included inc show)
- Polynesian Spa Resort (entrance fee's included)
- Official Maori guide at the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley
- Two Course Lunch: Choice of menu in a highly regarded restaurant with unlimited tea & coffee!
- This is a port pickup only tour designed for passengers off ships arriving in Tauranga Port
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Polynesian Spa
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Discovery Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.