Shore Excursion from Tauranga Port.Deluxe Small Group Tour.Pre Booked tour with no sales on the day allowing a quicker departure.Two of New Zealand’s most popular attractions, transport in a 2017/18 luxury vehicle (no large groups or coaches). Begin with a drive through the lush countryside heading to Waitomo Caves where you will travel by boat along an underground river through the mesmerising Glowworm Grotto. You’ll gently glide through the impressive underground caverns in silent darkness amid the beauty of twinkling glowworms overhead. The Hobbiton Movie Set you will be taken on an offical fully guided tour of the Hobbiton movie set, which was created in impressive detail for the filming of the hobbit films! And where Bilbo Baggins and Frodo live! Learn the movie secrets of how this movie came to life. Then enjoy a complementary drink in the World famous Green Dragon inn.
What You'll Get
Experience two World famous New Zealand attractions The Waitomo Glowworm Caves & The Hobbiton Movie Set !
Waitomo Glowworms Caves
You will be taken on a Journey of discovery combining two of the most popular and world famous attractions in New Zealand, Begin your discovery at the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list.
Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 120 years of cultural and natural history.
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way!
The Hobbiton Movie Set
An offical guide will show you around the movie set of this breathtaking film set which was created in impressive detail! Walk around the Hobbit holes including bilbo's and frodo's home.
Wonder around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow their food! with giant pumpkins lying around! and learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling.
Your guide tells you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to hobbits sitting under plum trees, and how in New Zealand, plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake
As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree. When the leaves faded in the sun, someone was employed to repaint them, one by one!
Walk past the Mill and the famous Party Tree that were created for "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" films. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, There will be a complementary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non alcohol available)
You will leave the shire and travel through lush green countryside to return you to your Tauranga Port in plenty of time to board your ship.
Transport in one of our 2017/18 luxury vehicle (small Group), taking in the stunning scenery that New Zealand has to offer along the way. (no large coaches)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern manufactured 2017/18 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be confirmed after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Transport by small 2017/18 mini van with air-conditioning
- Bottled water
- Professional Hobbiton guide to guide you around Hobbiton
- Professional Guide to Waitomo Glowworms caves including a boat ride
- Port pickup and drop-off
- No sales on the day Pre booked tour only.
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Personal expenses
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
• The port of Tauranga!
• We will be waiting for you at the port gate's with a name board with your name on it!
• We wear grey shirts with lime green logo!
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Discovery Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.