• Experience two of New Zealand’s top attractions on a one day tour! “The Waitomo Glowworm Caves” and “The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour: (Limited numbers) • Pick-up and drop off from your hotel/accommodation inc airbnb pick-up! • This tour is for your small group only!!! • Complimentary beverage waiting for you at the Green Dragon. • Your Glowworm Caves Official Guide will escort you through the caves explaining the discovery and unique aspects of these cave formations! • Your Hobbiton Official guide will escort you through the 12 acre site, recounting fascinating stories and anecdotes about the trilogies. • We do not change vehicles during the day shuttling passengers!!!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Zealand Discovery Tours, Fenton St, Glenholme, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Join this journey of discovery on this full-day tour from Rotorua.
You will be picked up from your Rotorua hotel/airbnb accomodation in a small group luxury vehicle to experience The famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, later we travel through the lush green countryside to visit the The Hobbiton Movie Set!
This is where the Hobbit Lord of The Rings Movie set was created, Experience a guided tour around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodo’s home then enjoy a drink in the green dragon (either alcoholic beer or non-alcoholic ginger beer) included in your tour.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Discover your moment of magic in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves tour. Take the world-renowned boat ride through the glow worm grotto, marvel at thousands of magical glowworms and become part of over 130 years of cultural and natural history.
Discover an ancient world 30 million years in the making and marvel at Mother Nature’s light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. The glowworm (Arachnocampa Luminosa) is unique to New Zealand, making the Waitomo Glowworm Caves an absolute must-do. See thousands of these tiny creatures as they radiate their unmistakable luminescent light in a subterranean world.
The Waitomo Glowworm Caves tours are made up of two levels. The upper being dry and decorated with stunning, delicate cave formations and the lower level consisting of stream passages, glowworms and the Cathedral, the tallest chamber in the cave.
Many of our guides are direct descendants of the Maori chief who originally explored the cave, bringing the cave to life through story-telling and explaining the history, features and legends of the world-famous cave.
Time included for rest break/coffee sandwich (own cost)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
In the late afternoon we make our way to "The Hobbiton Movie Set" on our drive into New Zealand’s "King Country" Waikato Region. The lush countryside and idyllic landscape of the area provided backdrop for many scenes of Peter Jackson’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’ trilogies.
Upon arrival at the magical Hobbiton Movie Set we see flowers springing up from the quaint little gardens, outside the tiny round doors of the little hobbit holes.
Welcome to the Shire – home to Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Merry and Pippin from Tolkien’s phenomenal movie adaptation of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies!
The Hobbit holes were rebuilt for The Hobbit movies and will now remain decorated in the condition they were seen in the movies. The inclusion of the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill, the Party Tree, double arched bridge and other attractions from the movie means you will get a chance to completely immerse yourself in the Hobbit fantasy.
As you are guided through the site with an official guide, you will spend two hours learning about how the set was built, where particular scenes were filmed and all of the behind the scenes gossip from Middle Earth. You will be awestruck at the detail of the fabulous structures and delighted by the excellent photo opportunities.
Children adore Hobbiton and adults are taken back to their childhood!
After you spend a lovely afternoon soaking up the magical atmosphere of the Hobbiton movie set tour, We will then return you to Rotorua via the scenic route and will arrive at you accomodation in the early evening.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Professional Guide in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Professional Guide at the Hobbiton Movie Set!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - New Zealand Discovery Tours
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Lunch - Time is allowed at venues to purchase food and drink.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Discovery Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.