Right on Auckland’s doorstep lies the Hauraki Gulf, known throughout the world as a boating paradise. For many divers, this area has a certain mystique. Many have heard of it but few seem to know where it is or have actually dived it. Take the opportunity and see migrating hammerhead sharks on this full-day private scuba diving charter. These juvenile pelagic swim past the outer islands as they make their way to the Pacific Ocean.
Note: This dive is for experienced divers who have logged at least 10 dives and have a minimum of open water certification. Inexperienced divers may also book this charter but must pay for a dive guide ($25 NZ to be paid locally upon arrival).
What You'll Get
Meet at the dive centre at 8:30am in Warkworth to register. You will then take a short drive to the launch site and then a boat trip to the site.
The boat trip will take 45 – 60 minutes depending on the final location of your dive site and where the sharks are located. You will be geared up with your equipment once the dive site has been chosen.
Upon arrival you will be briefed on the dive and the sharks. Your experience includes 2 x tank dives with lunch taken between dives in a beautiful and remote location.
Your dive site may vary depending on diver experience, shark location and weather conditions. This is a trip open to all levels of experience. Depths are not excessive and can be tailored to individual needs. After the final dive your group will head back to Omaha before you depart back to your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- NOTE: This dive is for experienced divers who have logged at least 10 dives and have a minimum of open water certification, however inexperienced divers may also book this charter but must pay for a dive guide ($25 NZ per person paid locally upon arrival)
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg. asthma, heart conditions, etc.) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- 2 tank dives
- Tanks and weights
- Scuba diving gear
- Boat ride
- Private tour
- Transportation to/from dive center
- Dive guide (for inexperienced divers with less than 10 logged dives) - paid for locally at $25 NZ per person
23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
7 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Diving Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.