Come & join New Zealand Diving & dive the former Navy Frigate Canterbury F421. She now rests in Deep Water Cove near Cape Brett. Upright and intact, she makes for an impressive sight in a great dive location! For an experienced diver this is a truly remarkable dive site, purposely sunk for divers to train upon.
Our tour caters for technical diver and advanced diver certifications. Those wishing to expand upon certifications, the Canterbury will provide an excellent site to do so.
The charter includes full gear hire and 2 x single tanks, based on recreational divers. Technical diver gear is also available for hire at additional costs. Twin set, sidemounts & stages are available. Nitrox gas is also available for those certified to use it.
What You'll Get
The HMNZS Canterbury was prepared with divers in mind; plenty of extra access points have been created to provide an ease of entry and exit, this makes for some particularly good penetration and swim through opportunities.
The charter includes 2 x tank dives and gear hire based on single tank dives. Twin sets are available providing you have the certifications for this equipment. This is an advanced dive site so minimum of deep certification will apply to the outer deck areas.
• Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking. Numbers will be reduced for technical diver tours
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Upon booking customers must contact the diver centre for information packs
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- 2 x tank dives
- Gear Hire based upon 2 x single tanks and recreational diver gear
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Technical dive gear hire (twin sets etc)
- Nitrox gas
23 Morrison Drive, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Diving Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.