Do you know how to rescue somebody? What are you going to do if it is you who needs to respond? If you are an advanced diver then the next step is to become a rescue diver. Take a look at our 2 day courses & learn how to look after others.
The Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop your knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer necessary first aid. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes.
What You'll Get
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!
Prevention and causes of diving accidents; Stress and psychological factors; Physical conditioning; Surface drowning syndrome; Diving lifesaving; Self rescue; Diver assists; Surface and underwater rescues; Types of transports; In-water artificial respiration; Boat and shore exit techniques; Diver first aid; Review of oxygen administration and Hyperbaric injuries and management.
1. Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent 2. Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification* 3. Provide proof of Advanced Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives.
• New Zealand Diving, 22 Whitaker Road, Warkworth, Auckland 0910 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Evidence of advanced diver certification is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Evidence of 40 logged dives is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Evidence of First Aid certification is required from all divers wishing to participate
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Full Gear Hire
- Transportation to/from dive sites
23 Morrison Dr, Warkworth 0910, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Zealand Diving Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.