If you’re a movie fan or lover of beautiful landscapes, take the opportunity to see film locations from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ films on this Middle-earth tour from Queenstown. You’ll tour the countryside by 4WD and visit the locations where the Fortress of Isengard, Forest of Lothlorien and other famous Peter Jackson scenes were filmed. Discover why New Zealand is the movie directors’ choice for film locations, and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
Stopping at various viewpoints so you can take photos, your driver will provide informative and interesting facts during the drive, giving you a better sense of connection with the surroundings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Café & Bar - The GYC, 25 Mull Street, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 1733-1771 Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Follow the Dart River to the spectacular filming location for Isengard. This location offers stunning views of Mt Earnslaw. Heading to Paradise discover the location for the Forrest of Lothlorien.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 12 Mile Delta, Mount Creighton 9371, New Zealand
On your way back to Queenstown, stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp -- the no-man's land between Gondor and Mordor.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pickup from all central Queenstown accommodations. Hilton pickup on request
- Minimum numbers apply (min 2 per tour for confirmed departure, min 4 on NZ public holidays). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please Note: Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Light refreshments (including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, cake and cookies)
- Selected Queenstown Hotel pickup and drop-off
4 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Nomad Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.