In Muriwai you will experience one of New Zealand’s iconic Black Sand beaches with a charismatic and talented photographer who is excited to share her home turf with you, as well as her local knowledge of the gannet colony which she visits daily.
Muriwai is a magical place with stunning vistas, waterfalls and beautiful native bush, as well as extremely close access for bird photography.
You will walk the Goldies Bush walkway through a native kauri forest and along the Mokoroa stream (with many stream crossings) to the Mokoroa Falls.
You will then go and visit a colony of gannets awaiting you nesting atop the cliff tops.
Finally you will enjoy an amazing sunset, which Muriwai is well known for.
What You'll Get
Experience a Kauri Forest, Mokoroa Falls, Black sand beach and magnificent cliffs close to Auckland.
• Photograph the magnificent Gannets.
• Enjoy a day close to nature in the company of a talented local photographer.
What to expect:
Walk Goldies Bush walkway through native kauri forest, along the Mokoroa stream, to the Mokoroa Falls. Climb stairs to view the falls from above, then head back via coastal forest.
Then enjoy the Muriwai clifftops where you see fabulous views and experience the Australian Gannets at close range. Your guide will fill you in on the antics of the gannets and their life on top of this iconic rock! The White-fronted terns also nest here and you will sometimes see Oystercatchers and if extremely lucky the Brown Booby.
Muriwai is well known for its amazing sunsets. Your guide will help you find a unique spot to maximize your experience of this.
You will truly have spent a day close to nature and will have the photographs to remember it by!
• Muriwai Beach, Auckland New Zealand
• Muriwai Gannet Colony, 428 Motutara Rd Waitakere, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private transportation
- Lunch (Vegetarian and Gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if require)d
- Accommodation (BnB) is available per request
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Auckland Domestic and International airport, any hotel, bus terminal or cruise ship within the Auckland area
Note: pickup and departure included in total workshop duration of 10 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NZ Photography Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.