Enjoy a 2-day tour to Mount Cook and Lake Tekapo from Christchurch. Travel in a small-group in a Mercedes Benz minivan with your chauffeur/ guide. Spend the day exploring alpine walks and glacier valley in Mt. Cook and enjoy your evening stargazing in the largest Dark Sky Reserve in the world. Enjoy your lunch in Mt. Cook and splurge on dinner and breakfast with overnight stay in a 4-star accommodation in Lake Tekapo. Soak yourself in hot pools at Tekapo Springs before heading back to Christchurch.
What You'll Get
Day 1 Itinerary:
• Pickup from your hotel or preferred location in Christchurch.
• Take the scenic route via Ashburton & Geraldine.
• Visit the heart of Mackenzie Country and take a short break at Lake Tekapo.
• Take a drive through Lake Pukaki and reach the majestic Mt. Cook.
• Enjoy a scrumptious buffet lunch at Hermitage Hotel.
• Time to explore the alpine walks & glacier valley in Mount Cook.
• Drive back to Lake Tekapo & check-in to your hotel.
• Enjoy a 3-course dinner with overnight stay in a 4-star accomodation in Lake Tekapo.
• Experience Stargazing with Earth & Sky Tour at Mt. John Observatory.
Day 2 Itinerary:
• Enjoy hot/ cold breakfast at your hotel before checking-out.
• Visit the Church of Good Shepherd & Sheepdog Memorial.
• Time to explore the town of Tekapo with some time for shopping.
• Drive to Mt. John Observatory for unbeatable views of alpine landscapes.
• Soak & relax yourself in hot pools at Tekapo Springs.
• Enjoy lunch at one of the many cafes’ in Tekapo (at your own expense).
• Drive back to Christchurch via same scenic route.
• Stretch legs at the picturesque little town of Fairlie.
• Return back & drop off to your hotel or preferred location in Christchurch.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Infant & booster seats are available upon request if advised at time of booking.
- Scenic flights with snow landing are available at Mt. Cook & Lake Tekapo (at your own expense).
- Spa packages are available at Tekapo Springs (at your own expense).
- If due to unfavourable weather your Stargazing Tour is cancelled, you can either visit Mt. John Observatory OR we will refund you the amount for that tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner on Day1 & Breakfast on Day2.
- Overnight stay in a 4-star accommodation in Lake Tekapo.
- Stargazing with Earth & Sky Tour at Mt. John Observatory.
- Complimentary refreshments & Hotspot WIFI onboard.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Scenic flight with snow landing.
- Spa at Tekapo Springs.
- Lunch on Day 2.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offered, pick up and drop off from your preferred location in Christchurch.
- Christchurch International Airport, 30 Durey Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8053, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NZSI Tours & Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.