Enjoy a private day tour to Aoraki/Mount Cook - the tallest mountain in New Zealand. Visit the picturesque town of Lake Tekapo, admire stunning alpine views from Lake Pukaki, and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Hermitage Hotel.
• Enjoy a day trip from Christchurch to discover incredible glaciers, lakes and rivers
• Sample award-winning cheese at a local cheese factory in Geraldine
• Visit the iconic Church of Good Shepherd and Bronze Sheepdog Statue in Lake Tekapo
• Admire Lake Pukaki, the largest lake in Mackenzie region, and stunning alpine scenery
• Savor a delicious buffet lunch with spectacular views at the Hermitage Hotel
• Explore one of the many alpine walks in Mount Cook National Park
What You'll Get
Experience dramatic glacier lakes, snow-capped mountains, and beautiful alpine walks on a private day trip from Christchurch. Home to Southern Alps, Aoraki/Mount Cook is the highest mountain in New Zealand at a height of 3724 meters.
After pick-up from your hotel, journey to Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, located a 4 hours' drive though spectacular and breathtaking landscapes. Stretch your legs at the historic town of Geraldine and treat your taste buds at an artisan cheese shop, or browse for Merino and Alpaca fleece clothing. Visit the heart of Mackenzie Country, the captivatingly turquoise Lake Tekapo, the iconic Church of Good Shepherd, and the well-recognized statue of Sheepdog. Travel through Lake Pukaki and admire stunning views of Mt. Cook from a distance.
Arrive at your final destination of Mount Cook where you'll savor a scrumptious buffet lunch at Hermitage Hotel. Enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore Mount Cook village, take on one of the many walks, enjoy an optional scenic flight (at your own cost), or visit Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre. Then, rejoin your guide for the return scenic journey to Christchurch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour (i.e. only for one party)
- Professional guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz vans.
- Buffet lunch at Hermitage Hotel.
- Hotel Pick up and Drop Off.
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
- Complimentary light refreshments provided.
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
12 to 13 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NZSI Tours & Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.