Enjoy your private Akaroa shore excursion & see what others miss! Travel in style & comfort of your very own chauffeur driven vehicle. Take a 90 minutes scenic drive on Banks Peninsula & visit the Garden City of New Zealand, Christchurch. Experience a vibrant destination in transition at your own convenience. Enjoy a guided tour of Christchurch Botanical Gardens on an electric caterpillar bus & meander down the Avon River in a traditional English Punt. Top the day-off with an ice-cream on us at Sumner Beach. This is the perfect way to experience & discover all that a cruise ship destination has to offer.Worry-free Shore Excursion:If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Lighthouse, Beach Road, Akaroa, Akaroa New Zealand
Pickup at 8.30am from Akaroa wharf & take the scenic drive to Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
1.Visit Christchurch Botanical Gardens & hop onboard an electric-powered caterpillar bus along with live commentary & enjoy the splendid gardens.
2.Sit back & relax in a traditional English Punt & meander down the Avon River.
3.Enjoy a scrumptious lunch at one of the many cafes’ & restaurants in Christchurch (at your own expense). Your driver/ guide will give you recommendations.
4.Get a brief overview of the Central Christchurch which is being rebuilt from scratch after recovering from a devastating earthquake.
5.Drive to Sumner Beach & stroll next to cave rock. Top the day off with an ice-cream on us.
6.Take the relaxing scenic drive back to Akaroa.
7.Stop over & feast your taste buds at Barry’s Bay Traditional Cheese Factory.
Drop-off to your cruise terminal around 4.30pm, which will give you some time to explore boutique shops on the waterfront in Akaroa.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you pre-book & take the first tender to Akaroa Port.
- All cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: Ship name, Docking time, Disembarkation time & Re-boarding time.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion:If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Port pick-up & drop-off.
- Private tour (i.e. only for one party)
- Botanical Gardens guided caterpillar tour.
- Punting on Avon River.
- Ice-cream at Sumner Beach.
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz vans.
- Complimentary Light Refreshments.
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Botanic Gardens
Akaroa, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please inform what time your cruise ship docks in Akaroa Harbour and we will meet you at the wharf.
8 to 9 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NZSI Tours & Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.