Visit the picturesque wine region of Matakana. Just an hour north of Auckland you can see native forest and giant tree ferns. See an 850 year old Kauri tree and sample wine, chocolate and flora honeys on the way.
What You'll Get
• Head North over the Auckland harbour bridge taking in views of the city Skyline Marinas and Waitemata Harbour. Track North through the beautiful coastal seaside resort towns of Orewa and Waiwera Mineral Springs.
• Stop in at the Puhoi Cheese Factory to taste some delicious cheeses made by this excellent producer. They make double and triple cream Brie, soft and wash rind cheeses, three different blue cheeses as well as Harvarti, Gouda, Gruyere, goat and Cow Feta and a vintage 4 year aged cheddar.
• Start your wine tasting at Ascension Vineyard. They produce locally grown varieties like Flora, Chardonnay, Viognier, Pinotage and Tannat as well as Methode Traditionelle.
• Sees a rare 850 year old Kauri tree. The wood from these ancient trees was turned in colonial New Zealand cottages , villas, mansions, churches as well as early sailing sea vessels from around 1860.. They are New Zealand’s most revered native tree. The oldest one in New Zealand is in the Waipoua forest dating approximately 2,500 years old.
• Next enjoy a tutored tasting and an open menu one course lunch with a glass of wine at award winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant. Try the outstanding “Runner Duck” Wines all produced from their local vineyards. Syrah, Pinotage and Sangiovese, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Rose’ wines make up the list.
• In the afternoon visit stuning Tawharanui regional park for magnificent views of Little Barrier Island, Coromandel and the Hauraki Gulf. This park is a Kiwi and rare bird sanctuary and is fully protected.
• Finally try some locally made chocolate samples from “Chocolate Brown” in Warkworth town. Try three different chocolate praline sample halves. This chocolate company makes an enormous range of hand made world class pralines, and fudges from curvature they source from around world.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or Port pickup
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Traveler pickup is offered
We collect from all major hotels and most accommodations in the Auckland Central Business District (CBD)
6 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NZWINEPRO - Auckland Wine Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.