Enjoy getting off the beaten track with this exciting off road 4x4 tour in Wakatipu!
Accessing Queenstown’s hidden scenic gems means leaving the highway and taking to the back roads to unveil a world you’d never know existed. As a local family owned and operated business, with years of local knowledge, our Off-Road 4x4 guides know how to navigate the long-forgotten adventure trails to amazing gold rush settlements and stunning scenery now forever captured on film by Lord of the Rings.
What You'll Get
Queenstown Lord of the Rings Off-Road 4X4 Adventure from Queenstown
Accessing Queenstown’s hidden scenic gems means leaving the highway and taking to the back roads to unveil a world you’d never know existed. Never was an area more tailor-made to make Tolkien’s fantasy vision a reality on the big screen. This Lord of the Rings tour will take you through numerous chapters from the trilogy’s and multiple other movies cinematic home, utilising off-road vehicles to their limits to reach the directors’ perfect spots. This tour is a favourite with visitors because over four hours you get to sample the varied beauty of areas like Skippers Canyon, Arrowtown and the Gibbston Valley. Our knowledgeable local guides have plenty of information on the movies as well as the area’s history. Even those who missed the movies will be spellbound by the scenery of the Wakatipu Basin.
Tour Highlights include:
• Lord of the Rings tour locations (White Mountains; Minas Tirith; Pillars of the Kings; GladdenFields; Ford of Bruinen; Warg attack; Exodus of Edoras)
• Willow, Vertical Limits and The WaterHorse locations
• Remarkables Mountains viewpoint
• Arrowtown village;
• Multiple river crossings on the Arrow River
• And a short journey down Skippers Canyon.
• Gold panning option available upon request
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation: will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Suitability: For groups including children under the age of 6yrs old a private charter tour must be booked.
- Accommodation pick up service: Due to tour time constraints the outer limits for the pick up service we offer on our standard tours are from Mantra Marina 875 Frankton Road to 260 Fernhill Road and 159 Gorge Road. Any property outside of this Queenstown area unfortunately would not be applicable for pick up/drop off. As such we CANNOT pick up/drop off from The Hilton/ Kawarau Village, The Ramada, Frankton village, Millbrook, Arthurs Point (Top 10, Nugget Point), Arrowtown etc. unless a private charter is booked. Clients happy to meet at our shop (61A Shotover Street) for the 8:15am or 1:15pm scheduled departures should simply write 'shop' in pick up location. Accommodation pick up time: Clients should be ready for their accommodation pick up anytime between 8:20am & 8:30am on all morning departures and between 1:20pm and 1:30pm for all afternoon departures. These pick up times are approximate and will vary depending on other pick-ups, traffic etc.
- We recommend: dressing to the weather conditions on the day and bringing a camera.
- Small personalised tours to stunning locations
- Guaranteed individual forward facing window seats
- Free refreshments provided on selected tours
- Free pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- On-site IPad multimedia presentations
- Guides are knowledgeable friendly locals
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Off Road Holdings Ltd. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.