View alpine lakes, rivers, forests, glacial valleys, and ice capped mountains from above with this 2-2.5 hour helicopter tour. Fly over the fiord and enjoy landing on a remote west coast beach and an alpine glacier!
What You'll Get
This Milford Highlights excursion combines all the aspects of Milford Sound, the West Coast and the surrounding Southern Alps glacier areas. Your helicopter will lift off from Queenstown and fly you high over the snow-capped Southern Alps to the stunningly beautiful Milford Sound.
Sit back and enjoy the view as you fly down Milford Sound giving you a birds-eye view of the waterfalls and rainforests below. Where the Sound reaches the Tasman Sea, you will head north and land on a remote West Coast beach, allowing you time to take a stroll and spot some of the nearby seal colonies.
From the beach, the helicopter turns inland to the glacier areas where again you will land, allowing you time to explore and take more photographs of the magical place.
The flight back to Queenstown from the glaciers will then take you high above the alpine lakes and rivers and finally over Lake Wakatipu back to the helibase.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pricing is based either per person or per helicopter at one rate
- Maximum 6 – 9 passengers per helicopter
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If we are unable to fly due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative flight or full refund
- Minimum passenger numbers apply for Shared flights
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements on shared flights. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will be walking in uneven terrain
- A warm layer is recommended to bring with you or wear
- You will be contacted either the day prior or the day of your booking to confirm based on weather conditions
- What to bring – a warm layer, sunglasses, camera & a smile
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Scenic Helicopter tour
- Glacier and West Coast Beach landing with helicopter shut down to experience complete serenity of the surrounds
- Live commentary in English from your knowledgeable pilot
- Dramatically stunning views in the Fiordland National Park
- Amazing opportunity to capture the most photographic scenery in New Zealand
- Applicable National park, landing and facility fees
- Complimentary Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complimentary car parking
- Complimentary bottled water
- Luxury and pristine range of helicopters within the fleet
- Shared or private helicopter options available
- Food and Beverage - options available to pre purchase
Over The Top Helicopters or your hotel
Departure times are flexible
Return to same departure location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Over the Top Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.