The Marlborough Flyer is a heritage steam train from a majestic bygone era. Join us and experience an authentic, heritage steam train journey between Picton and Blenheim. The hour-long Steam Train journey takes you up the challenging and steep elevation out of Picton (1-in-37 slope), through the Para Wetlands, across the Wairau River into the Wairau Valley and through a sea of vineyards into Blenheim.Disembark at Blenheim Station and explore Blenheim town centre at your leisure (shops, gourmet cafes and restaurants). A visit to Omaka Heritage Aviation Centre, The Wine Station (where you can taste from 80 local wines) and walks along the river are also recommended.The Steam Train will then depart Blenheim for the return journey to Picton.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Marlborough Flyer, Picton 7220 New Zealand
The 50-min Steam Train journey takes you up the challenging and steep elevation out of Picton (1-in-37 slope), through the Para Wetlands, across the Wairau River into the Wairau Valley and through a sea of vineyards into Blenheim.
Stop At: Blenheim, Blenheim, Marlborough Region, South Island
Disembark at Blenheim Station and explore Blenheim town centre at your leisure (shops, gourmet cafes and restaurants).
A visit to Omaka Heritage Aviation Centre, The Wine Station (where you can taste from 80 local wines) and walks along the river are also recommended.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passengers wearing sandals (or any shoes that are not properly enclosed) will not be permitted on the viewing balconies of the train.
- Seats are assigned by the organizers and will not be known in advance
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- Local guide
- Souvenirs are available to purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
4 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pounamu Tourism Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.