Enjoy this small group electric bike tour of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. From the comfort of your saddle, you will see the iconic sights of Auckland city, as well as visiting some of the locals' favorite neighborhoods. This tour also includes the bike rental, a local guide, and has a maximum of 6 travelers per tour.
What You'll Get
Auckland is a city that it built on volcanoes, so that means great views and hills! Electric bikes allow people with all levels of fitness to enjoy cycling and the benefits of being outdoors. See the best of the city from the comfort of the saddle, with a local expert guide who will take you on a fascinating journey exploring the past, present, and future of Auckland.
You will meet at a hotel located in the heart of Auckland city, within walking distance of the cruise ship terminals and many hotels. There, you will be given your stylish electric bike and your riding gear, including a helmet and a cycle specific headset. This ensures you can safely listen to your guide as you ride along. You'll be given a short orientation with the electric bikes and do a practice ride nearby. Just to make sure you are 100% comfortable before the tour sets off.
Having departed from the city center, you will ride on the Grafton Gully cycle way towards the first stop and the high point (literally) of the tour, Mount Eden/Maungawhau. Enjoy spectacular 360-degree views at the summit, as you guide tells you about Auckland's turbulent early years. Then it's on to one of the largest parks in Auckland, The Domain, for more beautiful views from Auckland Museum. You will continue through the historic suburb of Parnell and down to Auckland's amazing waterfront. Riding an electric bike along the shoreline on the Tamaki Drive cycle way towards Okahu Bay is an experience not to be missed. As you head back towards the center of the city, you'll ride on some of Auckland's newest cycle ways and some of Auckland's most historic wharves. This is where you'll learn all about Auckland's relationship with the sea over the years. Then it's through the bustling Viaduct, where your guide can recommend plenty of dining options for you to enjoy during the rest of your visit. A ride through one of Auckland's newest developments, Wynyard Quarter, is next. Then you will go to Silo Park to check out your next destination, Westhaven and the Harbour Bridge. The tour continues on through historic Freemans Bay before heading up to one of Auckland's new cycling icons, The Lightpath. This award-winning, vibrant (and very pink!) cycle way is a great spot for some photos before you ride back down into the city to finish the tour where you started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For your enjoyment and safety, groups are small and personal, so a maximum of 6 riders per group, plus friendly guide
- Minimum age 14 years old (teenagers of 14-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult).
- Minimum rider height is 5 foot (152cm).
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- TWhilst experience riding an electric bike is not necessary (we'll provide an orientation and we'll do a test ride to make sure you're comfortable before we head off), you must of course be able to ride a bike! If you haven't ridden in a while, for your enjoyment/safety and that of your fellow riders, we strongly recommend you have a practice riding at home before your visit to Auckland. As well as riding on our wonderful cycleways, we will of course be riding in the road at times (to get to the good places!). Riding in traffic is a dynamic environment, so you will need to be comfortable riding in the road in order to enjoy the tour. And Auckland's volcanic past means that there a quite few hills to go up and down - the eBikes make going up easy, but you'll obviously need to be able to ride downhill!
- Closed toe shoes are required. Sports gear not necessary, casual clothes are fine but dress to the conditions please.
- Free storage available for small bags at the city centre departure point.
- The tours run rain or shine, you will be provided free use of a bright and comfortable rain jacket, if you need one.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Our electric bikes are designed with a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds (113 kg).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Experienced and engaging local guide
- Use of a fantastic electric bike
- Use of an urban cycle helmet
- Use of a cycle-specific headset, for commentary as you ride
- Bottle of mineral water
- Small bag mounted on bike to store phones, camera etc
- Use of a rain-jacket (only if needed!
- Souvenir photos
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Power to the Pedal in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.