Auckland is regularly voted as one of the most livable cities on Earth and this small group, guided electric bike tour is designed to showcase exactly why that title is deserved. A big part of what makes Auckland great is its wonderful and distinct neighborhoods, as well as the world-class eating, drinking, shopping and cultural experiences that are on offer.
On this guided tour, ride around some of Auckland’s cool neighborhoods, that don’t always feature on the standard Auckland city tour routes – miss them at your peril! As well as showcasing the best of what Auckland has to offer, your experienced local tour guide will peel back the layers and provide you with a fascinating insight into the history and culture of the city. To top off the adventure, you are guaranteed some spectacular views that you might not otherwise see – perfect for the photographers among you. Use of a shiny electric bike and a helmet are included in the tour. The max group size is 6.
What You'll Get
Enjoy a guided electric bike tour around some of the most vibrant neighborhoods in Auckland. Head off the beaten track of the standard tour routes. You'll discover the places the locals go to for the best eating, drinking, shopping or cultural experiences. Your guide will give you an insider's view, so you can make the most of your time in this amazing city.
You will meet at a hotel located in the heart of Auckland city - within walking distance of the cruise ship terminals and many other hotels. There, you will be kitted out with your stylish electric bike and your riding gear - including a helmet and a cycle specific headset, so you can safely listen to your guide as you ride along. You'll be given a short orientation with the electric bikes and do a practice ride nearby, to make sure you are 100% comfortable before the tour sets off.
Having departed from the city center, you will ride on the new Grafton Gully cycle way towards the bohemian Karangahape Road (or "K Road", as it's know to the locals). Formerly one of the most elegant shopping streets in Auckland, urban redevelopment in the middle of last century led to it being down on its luck for a long period. But an influx of fantastic new restaurants, bars, cafes and shopping options have led to a real revival for the area in recent years. At your first stop, you'll enjoy a beautiful view back to the city center as your guide explains the history of the area and gives you plenty of recommendations for places to eat, drink and shop on K Road during the rest of your visit. Then its off to Ponsonby - one of the main social hubs in Auckland. Ponsonby has a fascinating past and its colourful history has resulted in an area with an undeniable buzz. Your tour will then ride through some nearby local neightbourhoods, before riding down to sea-level towards Wynyard Quarter - one of Auckland's most prestigious new developments and home to some great food markets and public events. A ride over the Te Wero Bridge into the Viaduct is next - if you're lucky, you'll get to watch it lift open to let a yacht or two cruise into the inner marina. Then its along Quay Street on you way back to your original departure point. Given what you've seen on the tour, you'll probably already be thinking about dinner and/or drinks - time to check out some of those recommendations from your guide!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For your enjoyment and safety, groups are small and personal - so a maximum of 6 riders per group, plus friendly guide
- Minimum age 14 years old (teenagers of 14-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult).
- Minimum rider height is 5 foot (152cm).
- Whilst experience riding an electric bike is not necessary (we'll provide an orientation and we'll do a test ride to make sure you're comfortable before we head off), you must of course be able to ride a bike! If you haven't ridden in a while, for your enjoyment/safety and that of your fellow riders, we strongly recommend you have a practice riding at home before your visit to Auckland. As well as riding on our wonderful cycleways, we will of course be riding in the road at times (to get to the good places!). Riding in traffic is a dynamic environment, so you will need to be comfortable riding in the road in order to enjoy the tour. And Auckland's volcanic past means that there a quite few hills to go up and down - the eBikes make going up easy, but you'll obviously need to be able to ride downhill!
- Closed toe shoes are required. Sports gear not necessary - casual clothes are fine but dress to the conditions please.
- Free storage available for small bags at the city centre departure point.
- The tours run rain or shine – you will be provided free use of a bright and comfortable rain jacket, if you need one.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Our electric bikes are designed with a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds (113 kg).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Experienced and engaging local guide
- Use of a fantastic electric bike
- Use of an urban cycle helmet
- Use of a cycle-specific headset, for commentary as you ride
- Bottle of mineral water
- Small bag mounted on bike to store phones, camera etc
- Use of a rain-jacket (only if needed!
- Souvenir photos
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Power to the Pedal in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.