Auckland really lights up at night - so it's a great time to ride the illuminated cycleways and city streets on a guided electric bike tour for up to 4 people. Enjoy this fun tour around the city centre, to check out Auckland's nightlife, some of the best views and some intriguing (and colourful!) light installations. Your eye-catching electric bike will have plenty of lighting - so you can be part of the light show! And you will be provided with some amazing reflective gear to wear - to really stand out as you glide effortlessly along. Use of a shiny electric bike and a helmet are included in the tour.
What You'll Get
Take a fun guided electric bike tour to check out the sparkling Auckland city lights by night. Your guide will take you to the best vantage points to check out the views and see some amazing light installations around the city centre.
You will meet at a hotel located in the heart of Auckland city - within walking distance of the cruise ship terminals and many hotels. There, you will be kitted you out with your stylish electric bike and your riding gear - including a helmet and a cycle specific headset, so you can safely listen to your guide as you ride along. You'll be given a short orientation with the electric bikes and do a practice ride nearby, to make sure you are 100% comfortable before the tour sets off.
Having departed from the city centre, your guide will lead you past the twinkling lights in the cool shopping district of Britomart. Then its a ride along the waterfront cycleway, checking out some neon delights on Queens Wharf and the illuminated city skyline from the Viaduct – photo opportunity anyone? Then you’ll ride through Wynyard Quarter – one of Auckland’s most exciting new developments – and round the Silo Park, to check out the lights on the Harbour Bridge. Next, you’ll cruise on your cool electric bike through Victoria Park and head towards the vibrant social hub that is the City Works Depot: home to some award-winning eating and drinking options. You’ll then ride on one of the highlights of the tour – Te Ara I Whiti/The Lightpath. This pristine (and pink!) cycleway looks stunning when it is lit up at night. And finally, you’ll ride down the awesome Grafton Gully cycleway on our way back to base, checking out the historic Grafton Bridge and the lights of the Port of Auckland sparkling in the background.
It’s a unique experience that should certainly be added to the “things to see in Auckland” list!
To ensure the best experience, your group size will be small and personal - a maximum of 4 riders and your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For your enjoyment and safety, groups are small and personal - so a maximum of 4 riders per group, plus friendly guide
- Minimum age 16 years old
- Minimum rider height is 5 foot (152cm)
- Our electric bikes are designed with a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds (113 kg).
- Whilst experience riding an electric bike is not necessary (we'll provide an orientation and we'll do a test ride to make sure you're comfortable before we head off), you must of course be able to ride a bike! If you haven't ridden in a while, for your enjoyment/safety and that of your fellow riders, we strongly recommend you have a practice riding at home before your visit to Auckland. As well as riding on our wonderful cycleways, we will of course be riding in the road at times (to get to the good places!). Riding in traffic is a dynamic environment, so you will need to be comfortable riding in the road in order to enjoy the tour. And Auckland's volcanic past means that there a quite few hills to go up and down - the eBikes make going up easy, but you'll obviously need to be able to ride downhill!
- Closed toe shoes are required. Sports gear not necessary - casual clothes are fine but dress to the conditions please.
- Free storage available for small bags at the city centre departure point.
- The tours run rain or shine – you will be provided free use of a bright and comfortable rain jacket, if you need one.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Experienced and engaging local guide
- Use of a fantastic and eye-catching electric bike
- Use of an urban cycle helmet
- Use of a highly reflective cycle jacket and bike lights, to ensure great visibility
- Use of a cycle-specific headset, for commentary as you ride
- Bottle of mineral water
- Small bag mounted on bike to store phones, camera etc
- Use of a rain-jacket (only if needed!
- Souvenir photos
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 hour 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Power to the Pedal in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.