After being picked up from your hotel in Queenstown, you will take one of the most beautiful road journeys in New Zealand to the Western end of Lake Wakatipu, led by a knowledgeable local guide.The world-renowned Routeburn Track provides stunning variation in vegetation, bird species, and topography as it climbs 6.5 kilometers one way, on a moderate fitness trail through gorges and valleys. This is small group tour with a maximum of 6 people that you will be spending the 7 hour day with. Your lunch sandwich, wrap or bread roll is an additional cost, afternoon tea / coffee fruit and cookies are included.
What You'll Get
Walking through ancient Red Beech forest amidst lush ferns lichens and mosses, we follow the turquoise Routeburn River reaching the Flats hut located within a mountain amphitheatre. At this point you will get to rest up, soak in the natural beauty, and enjoy your picnic lunch while listening for native birdsong.
This trail is well formed, we cater to your level of fitness and there will be no more than 6 people to a group. The duration of the walk, altitude and alpine conditions will determine the distance and time we will walk. This walk enables you to experience the diversity of natural beauty, lakes, river valleys, waterfalls, mountains views and bird life with numerous photography opportunities.
Itinerary for the day:
• 8.30 am pick up from accommodation in Queenstown
• Photo stop at Bennett’s bluff
• Glenorchy village, jetty walk, refreshments.
• Routeburn Shelter start of trail
• Picnic lunch at Routeburn Flats
• Drop off in Queenstown 4.30 - 5pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, bring rain jacket, additional layers of clothing, casual & practical, sturdy walking shoes or boots
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Afternoon tea & cookies
- Fresh fruit
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch is not included, a stop is made at a local bakery for you to select a bread roll, wrap or salad.
Your Accommodations in Queenstown
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private Discovery Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.