From Queenstown our first stop is the Bob’s Cove Nature Walk, a short distance from Queenstown with diverse native vegetation on the lakeshore zone, bustling with native bird life with the Remarkables mountain backdrop.We continue our drive on one of the most beautiful road journeys to the western end of Lake Wakatipu, where the stunning backdrop of Mt Aspiring National park surrounded by snow capped mountains lies before you to explore.Duration 7-7.5 hours, walk two trails experiencing the wonderful diversity this region has to offer.
What You'll Get
A visit to this region can not be complete with out venturing into the Paradise Valley past Diamond Lake, Arcadia homestead to unparalleled views of the Dart River valley. Here you can imagine and see where LOTR and the Hobbit movie locations were created.
After your picnic lunch we venture to the world acclaimed Routeburn Track, which provides stunning variation in vegetation, birdlife and topography on a moderate fitness trail through gorges and valleys.
Walking through ancient Red Beech forest amidst ferns, lichens and mosses, we follow the Routeburn nature walk.
This trail is well formed, we cater to your level of fitness and there will be no more than 6 people to a group. The duration of the walk, altitude and alpine conditions will determine the distance and time walked. The distance is may be up to 2.5 kms and duration 1-1.5 hours.
These walks enable you to experience the diversity of natural beauty, river valleys, waterfalls, mountains views and birdlife with numerous photography opportunities.
• Pick up from Queenstown accommodation
• Bottled water tea/ coffee & cookies, fresh fruit
• Friendly, local knowledgeable Kiwi guide
• Walking poles
What to bring:
• Practical sturdy footwear, closed toe.
• Warm clothing, waterproof /windproof jacket
• Hat, sun cream, insect repellant
• A reasonable level of fitness
Itinerary for the day:
• 9 am pick up from accommodation Queenstown
• Select your picnic lunch from local bakery
• Bob’s Cove Nature walk
• Photo stop Bennett’s Bluff
• Glenorchy village, jetty walk, refreshments.
• Paradise Valley sights, Arcadia, LOTR
• Picnic lunch stop
• Routeburn Shelter start of trail
• 2.5 hours walking total depending on enthusiasm
• Drop of Queenstown 4.30-5pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 15 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Afternoon tea / coffee
- Bottled water
- Fresh fruit & cookies
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch, a stop is made before departure at a local bakery for you to purchase a bread roll, wrap or salad.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Traveler pickup is offered
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Private Discovery Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.