• Departs 8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours) • Tour Available in English, Spanish and Mandarin Join us on a journey like no other, our fully equipped 4WD all-terrain vehicle can handle any conditions. Spend the morning on The Old Gold Trail to discover Central Otago’s rich history. Your driver will take you off road along rugged 4WD farm tracks to a traditional high country New Zealand farm. As you climb up the mountains, you will see stunning sights of Lake Dunstan. Our GPS headsets have in depth commentary and will provide you with stories hundreds of years old from early settlers and teach you about historic farming from this area. Sit back and relax as you drive through the Central Otago wine region and pass the Kawarau Gorge on your way to Old Cromwell Town. Wander the historic streets as the town is bought to life with your themed headsets available in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
What You'll Get
Departs : 8am - Athol Street, Queenstown
Come and join us in comfort on an adventure like no other, the old gold trail where you take in the rich historic exploits.
We enter a private station (a large New Zealand high country farm) to tackle some rugged four wheel drive farm tracks, climbing the mountain side to take in amazing views of beautiful plateau overlooking Lake Dunstan!
The trip covers New Zealand farming in the earlier days of New Zealand farming. Listen to the stories and interaction with early settlers a hundred years ago, a hard life in the past.
A walk through Old Cromwell Town, themed GPS headsets bring the town back to life.
~ Back to Athol Street, Queenstown at 12pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Afternoon tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Multilingual Themed Headsets
- Plenty Photo Opportunities
Mountain Scene, 9 Athol St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the QUEENSTOWN EXPEDITIONS in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.