What better way to explore the peaceful waters of the Bay of Islands than by the "R. Tucker Thompson" tall ship. This replica of a 100 year old schooner looks just like a working ship of the 18th century and you can spend the day on board exploring the bays and beaches of this beautiful Maritime Park. Operated by a charitable trust, funds raised from our sailing goes to support our youth development voyages over winter.
What You'll Get
Catch the breeze and set sail for the day from either Paihia or Russell on board the unique tall ship "R. Tucker Thompson", built in the tradition of 100 year old schooners by local Northlanders. She has sailed the world but today will explore the somewhat calmer seas of the Bay of Islands with you on board.
Help set the sails, take the helm or just lie back on deck and relax. Hear tales of the ship's exploits from the crew. Enjoy the Devonshire tea freshly baked and brewed in the galley each morning.
At lunchtime the vessel anchors in a secluded bay. Step ashore, take a swim or try swinging from the yardarm. With all this sea air and activity you'll have a hearty appetite - taken care of by a tasty barbecue lunch cooked on board. Return to either Paihia or Russell this afternoon.
If departing from Paihia you will need to take the regular ferry (departs every 20-minutes) to Russel wharf to meet the tall ship R. Tucker Thompson. Note return ferry pass is included..
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please talk to us about any physical disabilities. We try hard to accommodate all travelers!
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- Cruise on board the "R. Tucker Thompson" tall ship
- Coffee and/or Tea
- BBQ lunch
- Wet weather gear (if required)
- New Zealand's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the R. Tucker Thompson in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.