Enjoy a 35 minute Jet Boat ride on the Waikato River. The high-speed ride is guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping. Shoot through canyons, spin on crystal clear waters and surf the foaming tail of the awesome Nga Awapurua Rapids. You have several tour times to choose from throughout the day and can be shared with maximum 11 people per boat.
What You'll Get
Sit back and relax with the skilled team at Rapids Jet take you on a fantastic adventure. After arriving 15 minutes before your trip and signing in you will then be geared up by the team into splash Jackets and Life Jackets, all for your safety of course. You will have a photo taken and be sent down to the jetty where the driver will be waiting for you.
Let the adventure begin, you will be starting off with a quick safety briefing. The driver will be doing this.A fantastic spin upstream in the spillway of the Aratiatia power station will get the heart pumping and ready to tackle what down-stream now has to offer. Speeding off at 80km/h you will encounter two sets of fantastic Rapids: the Washing Machine and Hay-barn. These will show you the narrowest part of the Waikato River. Your driver will guide you and tell you some fantastic stories about the area. See some famous film locations along the way.
Finally, you will meet with the big dog itself the Nga Awa Purua Rapids, this will give you a splash and a fantastic adrenaline rush as well.
Heading even further down-stream to check out the thermal activity, you will see some more stunning scenery as well. Way back to base, hold onto the heated handrails while experiencing the thrill all over again.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years or 1 meter tall
- Family Pass includes 2 Adults and 2 Children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Footwear of any type must be worn on the boat. (Sandals, Sneakers, Thongs, anything)
- Wear warm sensible clothing
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Use of a waterproof spray jacket
- Use of the Life Jacket
- Safe on-site Parking
- Use of bathroom Facilities
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Souvenir photos (for purchase for NZ$40)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rapids Jet 2004 Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.