Treat yourself to the ultimate Milford Sound experience on this day trip from Queenstown that allows you to see this world-famous fiord region by land, sea and air. Enjoy a scenic drive through the alpine landscapes of the ‘Milford Road’; take a 2-hour cruise along the full length of Milford Sound to see its legendary natural scenery and wildlife; and end the day with a thrilling helicopter flight over the sound, Mt Tutoko and Lake Wakatipu. You’ll also learn about the area from a driver/guide.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Board a luxury coach in Queenstown and travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through rolling countryside to Te Anau.
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
After a short break in Te Anau the coach will continue along the spectacular alpine route of the Milford Road through impressive, awe-inspiring scenery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Eglinton Valley, 6202/6244 Te Anau-Milford Hwy, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Enjoy a photo stop at the amazing Eglington Valley on your journey along the Milford Road.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Mirror Lakes Walk, Milford Road,, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Take a short walk past the Mirror Lakes, where, on a clear day the mountains can be seen perfectly reflected in the water.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Homer Tunnel, 94 S.h., Milford Sound New Zealand
Journey through the mountains via the Homer Tunnel, bringing you out at Milford Sound.
Stop At: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
On reaching Milford Sound you will join a leisurely cruise of Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Stop At: Milford sound Hwy, Milford Sound New Zealand
Journey along the spectacular alpine route of the Milford Road through impressive, awe-inspiring scenery, considered one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Cruise past the impressive Mitre Peak whilst looking out for wildlife and enjoying an informative commentary from your onboard nature guide.
Stop At: Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Your coach journey will take you on a scenic drive through the beautiful Fiordland National Park.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Helicopters operate with a maximum of 6 people
- Helicopter flights are weather dependent; if there are unfavorable weather conditions on the day of your tour and your helicopter cannot fly, you will return to Queenstown by coach and be refunded the difference (refund does not apply if only the snow landing is canceled due to weather)
- Please wear or bring comfortable shoes, a waterproof jacket, warm clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One-way transport by air-conditioned coach from Queenstown to Milford Sound
- 2-hour cruise with commentary and onboard nature guide
- Coffee and tea on board cruise
- Shuttle transfer to the airstrip
- 40-minute helicopter flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown
- Entry/Admission - Lake Te Anau
- Entry/Admission - Eglinton Valley
- Entry/Admission - Mirror Lakes Walk
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - Milford sound Hwy
- Entry/Admission - Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu)
- Food and drinks (you may purchase morning tea in Te Anau and lunch on board the cruise)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Real Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.