Book this one-way ferry ride from Bluff to Stewart Island for a comfortable journey across Foveaux Strait on our modern catamarans. Visit Stewart Island, just one hour’s ferry ride from Bluff and New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination.
What You'll Get
Zip across Foveaux Strait between Bluff and Stewart Island on our comfortable catamarans. Visit Stewart Island, just one hour’s ferry ride from Bluff and New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination. During the trip keep an eye out for wildlife – particularly seabirds such as Mollymawk (Albatross) and Titi which often follow the vessel. Our friendly staff provide informative commentary and point out highlights.
Ferry crossings operate all year round. Distance covered is 40km (approx. 25 miles). Interpretation handouts and complimentary tea and coffee are available. All vessels are wheelchair accessible.
Passengers are required to check-in to the Bluff or Stewart Island Visitor Terminals 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Check-in and boarding gates are closed 15 minutes before scheduled ferry departure times.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The limit is a maximum of two small carry-on pieces of luggage per person. Other luggage (and extra goods by arrangement) are carried in freight boxes, and must be checked in 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time (at additional cost)
- Secure vehicle parking is available upon check-in at Bluff adjacent to the ferry terminal (approximately two minutes’ walk). Parking is available for cars, coaches and motor homes and boat trailers
- Connecting services available at additional cost: Return to Bluff via coach. Queenstown and Te Anau serivces operate in summer.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Interpretation handouts are available in English
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Visitor Terminal - Stewart Island Experience, 9818, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Real Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.