Zip across Foveaux Strait between Bluff and Stewart Island and back on our comfortable catamarans. Visit Stewart Island, just one hour’s ferry ride from Bluff and New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination. During the trip keep an eye out for wildlife – particularly seabirds such as Mollymawk (Albatross) and Titi which often follow the vessel. Our friendly staff provide informative commentary and point out highlights.
What You'll Get
Book this journey for a comfortable ride across Foveaux Strait between Bluff and Stewart Island. Travel from Bluff to Stewart Island and back to Bluff on this one hour long ferry transfer. During the trip keep an eye out for wildlife – particularly seabirds such as Mollymawk (Albatross) and Titi which often follow the vessel. Our friendly staff provide informative commentary and point out highlights.
Foveaux Strait is an interesting stretch of water, home to several islands including Dog Island (spot the lighthouse!), Ruapuke Island and the Titi Islands. This is also a popular fishing destination.
Enjoy the complimentary tea and coffee served to you as you relax and enjoy the views.
Ferry crossings operate all year round. Distance covered is 40km (approx. 25 miles). Interpretation handouts and complimentary tea and coffee are available. All vessels are wheelchair accessible.
Both sectors of the return ferry (including date and time) need to be made at the time of booking. The return date can be changed up to 24 hours prior to original departure and is subject to availability.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- The limit is a maximum of two small carry-on pieces of luggage per person. Other luggage (and extra goods by arrangement) are carried in freight boxes, and must be checked in 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time (at additional cost)
- Parking is available at Bluff Visitor Terminal for an additional cost
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Real Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.