Experience the natural beauty of Doubtful Sound on an overnight cruise departing from Manapouri on New Zealand’s South Island. Cruise on a traditional three-mast sailing scow (flat-bottomed trading boat) along the pristine waters of the fiords, and see a vast array of wildlife including dolphins, seals and penguins in their natural habitats. You can join the cruise in Manapouri or include luxury coach transfers from Te Anau or Queenstown.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Queenstown/Te Anau/Manapouri to Doubtful Sound
Stop At: Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Cruise through the fiord, taking in beautiful surroundings before dropping anchor in a sheltered mooring for kayaking and other activities.
Duration: 20 hours
Stop At: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
Board your transfer coach in Te Anau and enjoy a short trip through the rolling countryside to Manapouri.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Manapouri Lake, Manapouri New Zealand
Cruise across the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri to West Arm.
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Board your coach in Queenstown and travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, through rolling countryside to Manapouri.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Enjoy accommodation in private cabins with ensuite bathrooms
Day 2: Return from Doubtful Sound
Pass By: Doubtful Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
A leisurely cruise back through Doubtful Sound to disembark at Deep Cove.
Pass By: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
After disembarking on the morning of the second day you will return to Te Anau by coach transfer.
Pass By: Lake Manapouri, New Zealand
Cruise back to Manapouri the next morning after disembarking the Navigator at Deep Cove.
Pass By: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
After disembarking the morning of the second day passengers return to Queenstown by coach.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 12 months and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- What to bring: comfortable shoes, waterproof jacket, warm clothing, and swimsuit
- For passenger comfort and safety, only one overnight bag per person is allowed on board
- Most travelers can participate
- Please add additional products to your shopping cart for any extra cabins required.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 64 travelers
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound
- 3-course buffet dinner
- Continental or cooked breakfast
- Specialist nature guide
- Coach transfers
- Cruise on Manapouri Lake
- Entry/Admission - Lake Wakatipu
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Real Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.