Included in this adventure • Approximately 60 minutes flight time exploring the Kahurangi National Park • Two-way communication between you and your pilot • 1 x Mountain landing SIGHTS: • Lord of the Rings film location! • Unique land forms, habitats, plant communities and wildlife • Native bush • Breathtaking mountain landscapes
What You'll Get
Fly northwest from our Wakefield Heliport over the Kahurangi National Park and into Golden Bay for a landing on Mt Olympus to view the strange pinnacle rock formations that were used to portray the rugged country “South of Rivendell.” It was here, as the nine rested and cooked a meal, that the crebain crows of Saruman, searching for news of the One Ring, spied the travellers below. Hurriedly extinguishing their fire they hid behind the pinnacles in an attempt to escape discovery.
Mt Olympus sprouts rocky outcrops which over time have been eroded by weather to form incredible columnar shapes. It is an extremely remote location and can only be reached by helicopter.
• Bring your camera!
• Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to weight restriction fee.
• All flights are subject to change and weather conditions.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply if they occupy a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Bring a camera, wear a warm jacket and sturdy shoes
- Physical activity level: Easy - Suitable for adults, children, and seniors.
- Passengers over 250 lbs may be subject to a weight restriction fee.
- Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of individual passenger weights, luggage and the amount of fuel required. It is important that we have accurate body weights and luggage items from every passenger prior to flights commencing. CAA regulations require all passengers to declare their weight on check-in and if required, passengers and luggage will be weighed before the flight. If total passenger and luggage weights exceed the helicopters’ permissible allowance, the Pilot at his/her discretion will instruct an upgrade to a larger helicopter if possible where an additional charge will be applicable, or alternative arrangements may need to be made for passenger luggage.
- If the weather conditions make flying unsafe on the day of the trip Reid Helicopters Nelson will cancel the flight. This is at the pilot’s discretion and there is no charge in this situation.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to the trip = 25% of total booking cost
- Cancellation within 7 days prior to the trip = 75% of total booking cost
- Within 48 hours of the trip commencing = 100% of total booking cost
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- National Park fees
- Lunch (available at an extra cost)
Reid Helicopters Nelson Base
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Reid Helicopters Nelson in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.